Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Site Supporter
    201# as of 8am this morning. I seem to lose a little bit at a time for a while and then get stuck. Been stuck at 198-201# for six months. But I’m getting stronger, so there’s that. Waist size hasn’t gone down since I got back into 36” (w/IWB holsters). Don’t know my actual measurements. Maybe I ought to do those, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

Best weight loss advice ever: stop eating like an asshole.

But it comes so naturally to me....
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

If you’re really a straight up nerd like me, look at the stoichiometry of fat loss. Fat loss results in carbon dioxide, water and heat.

Think about that when you’re burning it. There’s no magic involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182. I will lose more weight than @Tom_Jones this year.

I was in the mid to upper 190s. I’m down to 166-169 range now. Exercise and intermittent fasting worked for me. I did a lot of aerobics but now I’ve got to work on some lifting.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I’m at a good weight so I’m not in.

But I’m willing to help make things a bit more interesting. You guys can define the metrics however you like, but I’d be willing to throw, say, $20 into the pot, winner takes all kinda thing.

Any takers?
    David S.

I am in.

Holiday junk food and Coors Light have teamed up to put me at 168.5.

For my height and bone structure I think I should be at 155-158. I am not a gym junky but I like active sports so between cleaning up the diet, shit-canning the Silver diabetes Bullet and staying on the go I think I can get there in a month.

I’m at 260. I’ll be 220.

I don’t play rugby much anymore, and my big fitness goal these days is keeping my heart healthy. I don’t care too much about esthetics, or huge PR’s.

I frequent two HIIT gyms in my neighborhood; one that splits between weights and sprints, and another between spinning and weights.

Oh yeah...I eat ok, but I DO go off the rails pretty regularly. I’ve had good luck with the Keto/IF lifestyle. I just started a new practice and that’ll be easy to maintain since I’m normally running around like a maniac, logging >10k steps a day, and getting a 900 cal workout done before 0600.

Let’s do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Oh yeah...I eat ok, but I DO go off the rails pretty regularly.
    Mmmm... Nashville BBQ.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Mmmm... Nashville BBQ.
    BBQ is Keto if you don’t bathe it in sugar based sauce! And therein lies the problem!

User Tag List