Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Down 49 since mid Feburary.
    Staring weight was 253. 204 this morning.
    Looking good man. I see you have the same thing going on that I do. I'm trying to wear out my old clothes before I buy new ones. I'm losing weight faster than I can do that, so I finally had to drop some money on some new pants and shirts this morning.

LMAO... I sat down and read the whole thread. I guess I started this back on 6/17 and I didn't realize I'd commented already.

Anyhow, went to the doc today for my 50 y.o. bloodwork checkup. My check-in nurse who I've know for 5 years hadn't seen me in 6 months. She was stunned at my weight loss as was the doc. BP came in at 120/70 down from 138/80 back in February. Cholesterol improved a bit. Everything else checked out great.

Officially 234 today.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Looking good man. I see you have the same thing going on that I do. I'm trying to wear out my old clothes before I buy new ones. I'm losing weight faster than I can do that, so I finally had to drop some money on some new pants and shirts this morning.
    I bought two pairs of 36W jeans thinking I'd be in them for a while. I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hundo 5 out. Better go for a loaded plate carrier run.

Name:  A92574ED-8EA8-4959-AD5B-C9F2C728B602.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  52.1 KB

This thread is good for me. Just another way to keep me honest I guess. I'll keep posting weekly.

It's been a stressful week, but I've managed to control my urges and not stress eat.

A week ago I was 234 at my morning weigh in. I hit a low of 230.5 on Thursday. Official weigh in this morning was 231.5. That 2.5# loss this week is right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Which is not great, but I am surprised I am still actually down from 1/1/19. I mean, geebus, with moving and work I've been eating poorly. And quitting the gym has not helped.

We did go tour the local community Athletic Club, but it was not a good match for what we wanted.

So now I'm going to go check out a place called "Retro Fitness" that is on the way home from work. The Anytime Fitness is also an option I guess but I'm ready for something new.

What. The. Flock of birds.

Oh, believe me, I know why, I just went and looked in the mirror for who's responsible. Not excuses, reasons: Not going to the gym (had flu last week, out two days of work, flat on my ass the whole time) wife out of town which means I am off the leash, eating like a a hole.

Still. I am still here. One day at a time.

5/24:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I had no intention of joining this challenge, but at this morning's checkup I am down a bit over 12 pounds since January. BPs down too, so maybe all that walking is doing some good after all.
    Had symptoms of "atypical", AKA "walking" pneumonia. Stayed home from work Wednesday, went to doc on Thursday, lungs clear, "just" a viral cold.

Howsomever, despite having returned from an 8-night, 7-day cruise on Sunday, I was up all of one pound from May, so I figure that's... well, not "great" but at least OK.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Hundo 5 out. Better go for a loaded plate carrier run.

Name:  A92574ED-8EA8-4959-AD5B-C9F2C728B602.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  52.1 KB
    Need a pc so i can take cool pics like Duke. Rock on man.

Down 20lbs from fasting.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Need a pc so i can take cool pics like Duke. Rock on man.

Down 20lbs from fasting.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Pro tip. - wear a shirt under. Velcro and buckles are shit against skin

Actually don’t. Just avoid the old repurposed plate carrier path and get this purpose built unit.

https://www.unbrokendesigns.com/collections/mens-vests

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I am in. I have a job where I am really sitting on my fat ass. So yep, I need to lean up. Fat guy in a little coat

265 and need to get to 230, I would like to get to 210, but that might be a bit much to shoot for at first.
    Thought I would check in I have lost 25 so far. Hovering at 240, trying to get down more.

User Tag List