Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    And on March 1st, I am...192.2
    So, back on ze wagon.

Which considering how I've been eating, and lack of regular exercise, is not as bad as I had thought.

We've moved house from the condo into a nicer place north of Tampa, and went through a fairly big push 60+ work weeks for our initial product line systems. It's in test and USAF is pretty happy to far. And we are about settled in the new house.

Focus this week is to:

1) rewicker my work breakfast and lunch approach. I tried a couple of these Atkins nukem breakfasts, and really like them. Planning to get five of those for M-F and eat at home (as opposed to: croissant bacon and egg at the work Cafe.) For lunch I'm going to get a sampler of Atkins dinners and see how the microwave at work does. That plus some kind of high protein low carb snack for before / after lunch. For dinner (which is hard because we generally eat out) I'll try and not eat like an asshole.

2) we plan to visit the local community Athletic Club to see what options are available. There is an Anytime Fitness around the corner, and I suppose I could join that. But my wife might come along as a family member, since the community has a pool and (I believe) workout facilities / showers. So that might be an option.

Overall goal this week is to simply commit to weight loss (again) and be at or below the above weight next Saturday.

Oh, and do some Dry Practice. USPSA Match w a classifier next Sunday.
    Last edited by RJ; 05-04-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post

Oh man, lamb vindaloo and mango lassi
    Mmmmm. Popadoms.

Wanted to share my 5 month progress. It's been a slow but steady ride. I wanted to be 190 pounds (6% bodyfat) by my birthday (5/31) and while I'm not going to make it, I'm happy with it. I will stay on the path I'm on until I do hit 6%. I just joined the YMCA last Friday and will be giving Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe a go.

My day to day looks like a mountain range (old screenshot from a few posts ago):

My weekly weight logs aren't as linear as I want it to be:

https://imgur.com/Ig1b4ZJ

There's some consistency to my body measurements: in general it's a downward trend with a few odd spikes. User error mostly, and in one case the start of an exercise regimen.

https://imgur.com/KJTaTnz

But for me, the most important is maintaining what mass you have:

https://imgur.com/69Zsd6m

And if anyone wonders what my overall consumption looks like:

https://imgur.com/uns0Qrq

My Fitbit Charge 3 is still saying I'm burning a crazy amount of calories. For example: Friday I joined the YMCA. Haven't touched a barbell since 2013, so I spent about 2 hours finding out where my numbers are (warm up + work sets of 5 reps increasing 10 pounds every set until failure). Rode my bike to the gym (~2.5 miles) walked home (flat tire and no tire repair kit).

How many calories did I burn that day? 6,696. Yeah. Screenshot a 28 day average of calories burned: https://imgur.com/D5mtKqG But I'm eating a lot too (I averaged 2855 calories/day last month) so there must be some validity to it.

I'm not miserable as I have been in the past. I've done extremely low calorie and maintenance calories eating "normal" food (whole grain, chicken, rice, etc). I've done the same thing but with keto. This go-around I'm eating as much as I like (with IF and eating slabs of beef and nearly 2 pounds of veggies a day I'm actually force feeding myself sometimes), doing the exercise I want and making good progress.

I might be a freak of nature, but I tend to think there's something to the keto diet for me, my genetics, and body type. I'm not using any supplements outside of probiotics, multivitamin, a magnesium suppliment and Vitamin D. For those who might wonder: I am 33 years old (34 at the end of this month) and I do not use testosterone therapy (honestly, I think keto fixed my T issues - I won't go into detail). I consider myself a lazy fucker who is hard to motivate. I'm doing it, so you can too.

EDIT: I don't see the appeal of it, but my Fitbit profile is https://www.fitbit.com/user/7G4Q6F
    Last edited by Jay585; 05-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Pushed hard on cutting calories over the past couple weeks and just weighed in at 195.8. Going to revise the goal and push for 190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current weight: 193.0#

So if anyone is interested in the secret to dropping approximately 3# in a week's time, the answer is knee surgery, crutches and pain meds. Gotta find that silver lining.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've been on slow quest to change my lifestyle over the past year and a half due to basically feeling physically tired as well as blood work that wasn't too good. I'm 47 and have young kids so I want to be around and still functional 40 years from now, plus lets face it - there is a good chance the fight is coming..... Diets don't work for me so I'm on a concerted effort to change my eating, drinking, and exercise habits to allow me to continue to enjoy what I love with moderation but make sure more calories are being burned than are coming in. Was at about 250# October of 2017 and my last post Lent weigh in was 221#. Ideally I would love to see 180# but I'll be happy to be down to #210 for my HS reunion this summer as well #200 by end of year. I have made friends with Kale and we have been looking towards more plant based meals 2-3 days a week. My wife got this book from the library and I just couldn't resist. I doubt the authors would approve......

Name:  IMG_8967.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  42.1 KB

I guess you could say I'm in as well.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-09-2019 at 06:29 PM.

So if anyone is interested in the secret to dropping approximately 3# in a week's time, the answer is knee surgery, crutches and pain meds. Gotta find that silver lining.
    Likewise, when I had my ACL replaced back in 95.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Down to 209.5, and that after a really nice Indian dinner on Tuesday (with dessert).
    No Indian food this week (though I did have a nice Massam chicken curry), no desserts all week, and down to 207.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Emergency appendectomies work, too. Ask me how I know.

Really wanting to break 200 # by mid June so dropping calorie intake to 2600 k/cal from that ~3000 range I was playing in. Still staying at 180-190 grams of protein, so I'm going to cut back on fats from 70% of my calories to 65%.

I'll give it a go for a week, see how it plays with my starting strength routine.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Hopped back on Keto this past week. Down about 10lbs, I really do well on Keto, maybe its because I am actually strict about not eating shit. I figured out how to make a really juicy chicken breast on the stove top which makes life way easier. Going to take Tom's broccoli advice and stock that away in the fridge.

User Tag List