Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So: -3.6% down in 30 days.

And a week ago I’d went up to 195. So I really buckled down to close out the challenge.

This week’s thoughts:

- Started: Drinking 2 x 500ml water through the work day. Bought some salted roasted chickpeas for snacking as opposed to say peanuts, or cheese. Bought a bag of raw almonds to munch on also.

- Stopped: Threw the bread away.

- Continued: Not eating like an asshole. Short term IF (which means skipping lunch), for me.

Going forward, I think posting here help motivate me. I’ll probably still weigh in here weekly. Weighing every day doesn’t seem to focus me long term. I’ve done the same with my Shooting Journal.

I got some of those Atkins shakes to try to add some nutrients as opposed to a ‘real’ lunch. I am getting some headaches late in the day.

Work is spooling up so getting in early to gym is problematic. I am averaging twice a week.

As long as the pounds come off consistently though, I’m ok with that.

Site Supporter
    So: -3.6% down in 30 days.

And a week ago I’d went up to 195. So I really buckled down to close out the challenge.

This week’s thoughts:

- Started: Drinking 2 x 500ml water through the work day. Bought some salted roasted chickpeas for snacking as opposed to say peanuts, or cheese. Bought a bag of raw almonds to munch on also.

- Stopped: Threw the bread away.

- Continued: Not eating like an asshole. Short term IF (which means skipping lunch), for me.

Going forward, I think posting here help motivate me. I’ll probably still weigh in here weekly. Weighing every day doesn’t seem to focus me long term. I’ve done the same with my Shooting Journal.

I got some of those Atkins shakes to try to add some nutrients as opposed to a ‘real’ lunch. I am getting some headaches late in the day.

Work is spooling up so getting in early to gym is problematic. I am averaging twice a week.

As long as the pounds come off consistently though, I’m ok with that.

2x a week is way more than zero, which is where most people are.

185 and not having to wear 36" waist pants is my current goal. Everything else is gravy.

Ah - Forgot to mention.

My wife bought me a kitchen scale so I would, you know, understand portion sizes.

I’ve been putting it to good use.

Ah - Forgot to mention.

My wife bought me a kitchen scale so I would, you know, understand portion sizes.

Don’t you sit on that scale now, Rich.

Site Supporter
    Ah - Forgot to mention.

I probably need one of those.

And somebody brought donuts to work today. I haven't eaten one in months.

I just ate my second. Sigh.

230.4 is where I'm at today, while I was at 233 on January 1. I managed to gain another couple pounds early in the month (up to 235) so I'm counting it as a five-pound loss for my own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    185 and not having to wear 36" waist pants is my current goal. Everything else is gravy.
    185 is also my goal, but I'll likely still be wearing 36's (I'm 5'10").

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    230.4 is where I'm at today, while I was at 233 on January 1. I managed to gain another couple pounds early in the month (up to 235) so I'm counting it as a five-pound loss for my own purposes.

185 is also my goal, but I'll likely still be wearing 36's (I'm 5'10").
    I'm 5'10" also. When I was 165# and running 30+ miles a week, I wore 30"-32" waists. Under 190#, I'm usually in 34".

Just checking in.

209.8 yesterday morning. -38.2 from 08/01/18. Looking to be down 20 more by June 1. Learning how not to eat like an asshole. That phrase is so perfect.

People at work are now starting to mention/compliment/ask. Weight Watchers helps a lot.

Ah - Forgot to mention.

That not how this works!

LOL

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    220.2 this morning. Total loss was ~14-16 pounds for 2018. Basically too much eating like an asshole (SHOT will be tough). Goal is 183.8 and then work on strength training.

EDIT: Just checked my weight tracker, 235.6 on 20180101. So 15.4 pounds in 2018 . . . . would have been better if not for the eating like an asshole.
    Not much progress, being on the road f***ed with me and the stress and anger sharks are swimming around my head too (excuses, I know). I managed to pull off 218.7 on 2/1 so 1.5# for the month.

Hoping to get back on track and be down to my goal weight by the end of May.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List