Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Not much progress, being on the road f***ed with me and the stress and anger sharks are swimming around my head too (excuses, I know). I managed to pull off 218.7 on 2/1 so 1.5# for the month.

Hoping to get back on track and be down to my goal weight by the end of May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know the feeling... It takes real effort not to toss a few back at the bar on the road and deal with work.

Your choices are yours. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    218 this morning. I've upped my daily exercise walk from 30 to 45 minutes, and added a beast of a hill.
    Still at 218 (even went up a few ounces). Had to slow up on the walking due to some arthritic pain in my knees- still walking 30 min daily, but am skipping the big hill for now.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

So a flat week being within the day to day margin for me.

This week I tried a few of these ‘Just Crack an Egg’ breakfast items. They were not that great. The ingredients get mixed with an egg and you microwave/stir it up. It ends up being faster yes but doesn’t taste very good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I know the feeling... It takes real effort not to toss a few back at the bar on the road and deal with work.

Your choices are yours. Good luck.
    Thanks. Yeah, I've gotten back on track and feel better (amazing how slipping back to the "old normal" can make me feel like absolute garbage). It's too easy for me let myself to fall back into my old habits on the road, but at least I've kept it in the right direction. As it is, I should hit goal weight by Memorial day. There's a 5k local to me that I think I'm going to sign up for. Working up to run one last year put me in the right mindset, so looks like I should kick my own ass again.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 02-09-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Down to 154, keeping with about the 1/2 lb per week trend with a dropping body fat percentage averaged through the week. Probably been 15 years ago, I saw this weight.

There was one day I didn’t make my step goal of 15,000. I choose sleep over going for a walk in the dark, snow covered country road I live on. Slacked some on the pushups and sit-ups I alternate each night with mobility work but I got a ton done last night and it felt really good. Going on two months and the difference from day one and now is very noticeable.

Been pressing and carrying a 25lb kettlebell at my cubicle probably 5 to 8 times a day. Just finished week two with that and I ordered a 35lb one. I am excited to keep that going, I think the single kettlebell and the 5 simple movements I with it could carry me a long way and be easy enough to do a lots of different ways. Probably one reason I felt OK slacking at the other stuff. My coworkers already think I am weird so fuck it.

@Rich_Jenkins, do yourself a favor and get some decent eggs and some fresh actual food to add to your eggs in the morning. Prep it yourself the night before, that is how I am able to do it. I am a crazy local, organic food geek so I got my bias. The quality of the food matters.

Anyway lots of thoughts but I am thinking I need to be more thoughtful and deliberate about rest and recovery and get a little more solid on my eating. Had a few slips this week, I bought the cookies and potatoes chips at the store when I didn’t need to. Two months to goal weight, we’ll see.

Hold the line gentlemen and don’t eat like an asshole.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    For anyone that's interested, there's now a PF group on Garmin Connect. I find the step challenges and the like to be motivating.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/group/2784365

Open to join.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

This week I tried a few of these ‘Just Crack an Egg’ breakfast items. They were not that great. The ingredients get mixed with an egg and you microwave/stir it up. It ends up being faster yes but doesn’t taste very good.

My wife occasionally gets things like these. I like a crustless quiche far more and they can be made with essentially the same ingredients. Growing tired of bacon/sausage and egg combos we make one with smoked salmon for some variety. We'll bake it after dinner and have breakfast for the next few days.

01/01 - 215.0
    01/31 - 206.5
    02/18 - 201.2

Chinese New Year kinda through a wrench in my calorie intake, but still managing to inch my way downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Still at 218 (even went up a few ounces). Had to slow up on the walking due to some arthritic pain in my knees- still walking 30 min daily, but am skipping the big hill for now.
    Pretty much plateaued out at 218, but that's under what the doctor ordered, so no big deal.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Yesterday, I ate like an asshole. An entire bag of Kettle Corn and other food - 3 pieces of chicken, coconut oil potato chips, and pumpkin seed dark chocolate at lunch, maybe 2,000 calories. It felt really good. I got back from a walk in the morning and felt shaky and lightheaded. Something that has not happened in a long time. It has never happened on any recent 24 hour fast day, since I started those in November. I made the excuse that it was for recovery and "my body needed it" as I ate the food like a starving coyote but that is most likely bullshit in my head.

Final weigh in for the week will be tomorrow but I'll only hold steady for a average weekly weight, no drop of any significance. Middle of January was like that for me as well. Maybe it is due to my moon cycle. In just two months of doing this I've realized daily weights are not the thing, weekly averages are. Still 10 pounds done since 12/15 and this increased focus has me working on strength, mobility, and work output.

Last week started weekly physical therapy for my right hip, something I have been putting off for a couple of years. The 25 year veteran physical therapist said she has only seen one 85 year old with worst mobility. Hopefully this will help the path and help me compensate better for my leg length difference.

Been rolling with the 35lb Kettlebell at work. Completing overhead press, row, hinge, and suitcase carry throughout the day in a less than 5 reps, Grease the Groove methodology from Pavel. My left arm overhead press is limited to 2 reps but everything else is much harder but solid. After a week, I had to take yesterday off from the program with the back of the shoulders pretty soar.

So we'll see if this null week is just a short plateau or things will just get harder from here. I've moved my goal to from 150 to 145 so I think it will be a long road to get down to the final weight.

The piece I am lacking is understanding how to properly fit recovery into what I am doing.

I should also be tracking my calories but someone that seems like too much work, just a mental block on my part. I weigh and think about my food specifically for another diet aspect but just can't get to writing it down.

Hold the line Gentleman and don't eat like an asshole.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 02-22-2019 at 12:15 PM.

User Tag List