Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Which is not great, but I am surprised I am still actually down from 1/1/19. I mean, geebus, with moving and work I've been eating poorly. And quitting the gym has not helped.

We did go tour the local community Athletic Club, but it was not a good match for what we wanted.

So now I'm going to go check out a place called "Retro Fitness" that is on the way home from work. The Anytime Fitness is also an option I guess but I'm ready for something new.

Regarding the fitbit charge 3:

I don't get how it calculates resting heart rate.

Unless RHR should only be taken when awake, it seems like my RHR numbers should be lower.

EDIT: That spike is probably when the coffee finally hit my system
    Last edited by Jay585; 05-27-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

181 today, so I'm back down to where I was two months ago after a... ahem... relapse.

Site Supporter
    146.5 - 15.5lbs down. 11% for the year

Up 1 lb from the weekly average of last month.

The FitBit Scale says the average for the last week in April for body fat was 19.2% and the average for the last week in May was 17.6%. So the pound gain is probably just fine.

My goal weight was 142. Now I am unsure if that is reasonable to get to as a working family man. I’ll keep it in the vision but I thinking the focus is now more on that percentage of body fat as opposed to a hard number on weight.

Precision Nutrition has a good info graphic on “The cost of getting lean” - google will get you there. I think 15% is definitely reasonable for what I can put in. My limiter now is snacking between meals, eating too quickly, trying to get 7 hours of sleep, and getting the hours of exercise in.

Last month I started walking with weight hard a few times a week and it appears I can keep it as a habit and I been getting out in the field for work. In the mornings I get out to the high school track next to the office and walk with my 45lb pack, and alternate laps adding a 25 lb Stihl MS461. I get smoked in a 1/2 hour, hoping I can push it to 45 minutes soon. Or carry the saw the whole time. I still got the Bataan Memorial March in my mind.

So the plan is to keep that up, keep hard on the physical therapy on my hip, get my 15000 steps 6 days a week, and for the month of June 50 push ups a day, maybe mid month, I’ll jump to 100. I’ve done the 100 a day for a month before and the first few days my arms I could barely lift so I want to ease into it better.

My 32 pants are falling off, I need some 30’s and hiking in the woods with 20 years olds is not a problem anymore, I can see myself holding up better then some.

Hold the line gentleman, move as much as you can and don’t eat like an asshole.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    218# yesterday am. Continuing the march. More than 30# since I implemented my “life style” changes. Goal is 215# by Mid July and #200 by end of year. From that point I’ll be happy with - 5# per year until I reach my goal of 180.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    146.5 - 15.5lbs down. 11% for the year

Up 1 lb from the weekly average of last month.

The FitBit Scale says the average for the last week in April for body fat was 19.2% and the average for the last week in May was 17.6%. So the pound gain is probably just fine.

My goal weight was 142. Now I am unsure if that is reasonable to get to as a working family man. I’ll keep it in the vision but I thinking the focus is now more on that percentage of body fat as opposed to a hard number on weight.

Precision Nutrition has a good info graphic on “The cost of getting lean” - google will get you there. I think 15% is definitely reasonable for what I can put in. My limiter now is snacking between meals, eating too quickly, trying to get 7 hours of sleep, and getting the hours of exercise in.

Last month I started walking with weight hard a few times a week and it appears I can keep it as a habit and I been getting out in the field for work. In the mornings I get out to the high school track next to the office and walk with my 45lb pack, and alternate laps adding a 25 lb Stihl MS461. I get smoked in a 1/2 hour, hoping I can push it to 45 minutes soon. Or carry the saw the whole time. I still got the Bataan Memorial March in my mind.

So the plan is to keep that up, keep hard on the physical therapy on my hip, get my 15000 steps 6 days a week, and for the month of June 50 push ups a day, maybe mid month, I’ll jump to 100. I’ve done the 100 a day for a month before and the first few days my arms I could barely lift so I want to ease into it better.

My 32 pants are falling off, I need some 30’s and hiking in the woods with 20 years olds is not a problem anymore, I can see myself holding up better then some.

Hold the line gentleman, move as much as you can and don’t eat like an asshole.
    That's a very good article - thanks for posting that. Assuming my waist measurements are correct, I'm at about 16% body fat right now. I think somewhere in the 13-15% range would be where I'd like to end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Down to 204 1/2!
    Back to 205- but I also spent a good part of the week on airplanes, which meant lots of starch & sugar and very little exercise.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter

Thanks to Tom for covering my slack. Mods here are shit.

*sigh* Still haven't made it back to 208/33.5" since my cheat week, but seeing an improvement in the mirror, so...

214#
    33.75" waist (around the belly button)

According to Dave Draper math I have a lean body mass of 185.91 and 13.13% bodyfat (5/18 had 182.615 LBM 13.04% BF).

Except for my thighs and my hips my other measurements are up slightly. I've been lifting weight (squats, overhead press, bench press, deadlift, & weighted chin ups) so maybe that explains the numbers.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

So I've encountered a weird issue where I actually put on like 3# over a 7-10 day period and now I'm stuck back at 190, despite the fact that I still logged my food everyday and stayed within the same limits. For example, I've been under my caloric limit every day this week and my daily logged weight is like 190.0, 189.8, 190.2, 190.0, etc. Given how linear the loss has been previously using the same method, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why I suddenly gained back 3# and am now just kinda holding at the same average weight.

Specifically, I've been operating under a 1,900ish calorie daily limit for the past 5 months. The BMR for someone my age and height is like 1,847 and a "sedentary" rate would be like 2,200. Given I'm still on crutches, I'd compare myself against the sedentary rate so, technically, I should be losing weight, but I'm not. I'm quite happy with the progress I've made losing 25 pounds thus far this year, but just curious as to why I've come to a screeching halt. Anyone encounter anything similar or have any ideas?

User Tag List