Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Not enough to impress anyone. 345# @ 150lbs bodyweight.
    That's pretty damn impressive to me.

192.9 today.

LBM of 172.93 and a BF of 10.35 (down 5.95 pounds LBM and up .47% from last week's posting) so I'm thinking I need to go to a bodyfat testing center and find out where I'm at. If I really am dropping this much I need to up my calories. It could explain my lackluster performance in the gym as of late (I thought it was the lack of carbs, but maybe not).

This is what I was at in January (topless pics, FYI)

https://imgur.com/HTILT8D
    255#
    Chest: 44.38"
    Waist: 41.25"
    Hip: 42.25

This was me on Friday after eating a pound of broccoli and 1.5 pounds of top sirloin in one sitting

https://imgur.com/HT8oW3J
    193#
    Chest: 41.14"
    Waist: 31.38"
    Hips: 37"

Still striving for 5 to 6% bodyfat. After all my keto food is gone (the heavy cream, bacon, cheese), I will be switching to a leangains style diet and workout routine.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    That's pretty damn impressive to me.

192.9 today.

LBM of 172.93 and a BF of 10.35 (down 5.95 pounds LBM and up .47% from last week's posting) so I'm thinking I need to go to a bodyfat testing center and find out where I'm at. If I really am dropping this much I need to up my calories. It could explain my lackluster performance in the gym as of late (I thought it was the lack of carbs, but maybe not).

This is what I was at in January (topless pics, FYI)

https://imgur.com/HTILT8D
    255#
    Chest: 44.38"
    Waist: 41.25"
    Hip: 42.25

This was me on Friday after eating a pound of broccoli and 1.5 pounds of top sirloin in one sitting

https://imgur.com/HT8oW3J
    193#
    Chest: 41.14"
    Waist: 31.38"
    Hips: 37"

Still striving for 5 to 6% bodyfat. After all my keto food is gone (the heavy cream, bacon, cheese), I will be switching to a leangains style diet and workout routine.

That’s fantastic progress kind sir. At some juncture it may be beneficial to measure progress in strength gains only - that will likely further your goal to a large degree.

Related I’m running 1pm to 9pm intermittent fasting...trying to cash in on Elevated hgh from sleep/recovery/ etc lettingy body heal before making digest a ton of food in the AM

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    That’s fantastic progress kind sir. At some juncture it may be beneficial to measure progress in strength gains only - that will likely further your goal to a large degree.

Related I’m running 1pm to 9pm intermittent fasting...trying to cash in on Elevated hgh from sleep/recovery/ etc lettingy body heal before making digest a ton of food in the AM
    Once I start eating carbs again, I will start looking harder at my strength gains.

So you primarily eat in the AM and fast PM? Right now I eat 1 massive meal right before bed, but on the LG regimen I plan to eat 2 meals: 11 AM and 7 PM. 30% k/cal intake the first meal and 70% the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Once I start eating carbs again, I will start looking harder at my strength gains.

So you primarily eat in the AM and fast PM? Right now I eat 1 massive meal right before bed, but on the LG regimen I plan to eat 2 meals: 11 AM and 7 PM. 30% k/cal intake the first meal and 70% the 2nd.
    Fast in the AM. Eat in the Pm

I’m also eating a shit ton of clean carbs so you may want to disregard some of my path.

“Try anything “ is something im pretty willing to jump into
    Last edited by Duke; 08-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.

I blew it. The 10 day vacation and road trip brought me up 5#.. The math doesn't add up though, because I really didn't eat like an asshole. The scale doesn't lie unfortunately. I've taken note of this vacation results (the first vacation since I started losing weight) and will adjust my next vacation food intake a bit better.

On a good note, the wife has actually increased her loss to 2# a week without any other changes. Something clicked in her body and she's rolling right along. Also, my 24 y.o. daughter has been inspired by our change in lifestyle and dropped 10# herself this month. We are in different states, but text each other daily. Now we have something else in common to talk about.

Anyway.. 235# today. Working hard towards my goal of 220# at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I blew it. The 10 day vacation and road trip brought me up 5#.. The math doesn't add up though, because I really didn't eat like an asshole. The scale doesn't lie unfortunately. I've taken note of this vacation results (the first vacation since I started losing weight) and will adjust my next vacation food intake a bit better.

On a good note, the wife has actually increased her loss to 2# a week without any other changes. Something clicked in her body and she's rolling right along. Also, my 24 y.o. daughter has been inspired by our change in lifestyle and dropped 10# herself this month. We are in different states, but text each other daily. Now we have something else in common to talk about.

Anyway.. 235# today. Working hard towards my goal of 220# at the end of the month.
    5# is nothing, don't sweat it. You'll be back where you were by Friday, I bet.

Site Supporter

Monthly Check In

Holding at 147 sometimes 148 the last month. Habits are at 90% with diet, exercise, and physical therapy stretching/work. Seeing improvements but some backsliding as well. Hard to keep it all up.

Need to focus on getting more sleep but that cuts into my physical therapy time. I’ve had a few nights over 7 and it seems like the thing to do. I feel good but then again it might be all the podcasts about sleep I listen to.

I’ll work on doubling down and trying to get to 145 or 142. No more eating the fuck out of kettle corn.

Hold the line gentlemen and don’t eat like an asshole.

Last day of keto was yesterday. As I type this I'm eating an apple getting ready to do a depletion workout/carb up. I'll probably put on 10-20 pounds as a result. I'm not sure how my measurements are gonna change (if at all).

189.5 pounds
    171 lean body mass & 9.76% bodyfat (according to DD formula)

Neck: 14.626
    Chest: 40.75
    Waist: 31
    Hip: 37

Left thigh: 22.25
    Right thigh: 22.25
    Left calf: 15.75
    Right calf: 16

Left arm: 12.5
    Right arm: 12.5
    Left forearm:12.25
    Right forearm: 12.25

What's next? Going to continue to try to get to that competition day level of leanness that bodybuilders have (I think it's 5 to 6% BF but might be lower). Going to use Leangains principles to get there: 50 to 60% calories from protein, the rest split as you like between fat & carbs. I'm thinking of cycling high carb on workout days, and no/low carb on rest days, see how that goes.

I'm hoping that eating carbs will boost my lifting numbers. I'll also be switching from Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength to Martin Berkhan's Reverse Pyramid Training for a while. It seems more a bodybuilder routine (I want strength but without size), but Berkhan proclaims that his clients get stronger on his programming.
    Last edited by Jay585; 08-17-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    My starting weight in April was 190 lbs. I dropped below 176 lbs today. My declared goal was 170, but I might drop that to 165 or 160. Portion control and the treadmill seems to be working decently well for me as long as I'm not in a big hurry. I'm on the verge of trying intermittent fasting, but I haven't completely given up breakfast yet.

In other news, the postal service seems to have lost the new belt I ordered.

Recovery from my road trip has been slow. Back to 230# today. Not going to make my goal again this month, but still losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List