Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

OK, I'm in. Currently 6'2" 241.7. I don't expect the height to change. My goal is 200 pounds, even.
    2018 wasn't a great year, weight wise. Long recovery from toe surgery and about halfway through recovering from hand surgery. Getting old is a bitch.
    I plan on cheating though. Getting a haircut tomorrow and weigh in with a Glock instead of an N-frame. (I sure Rich's posted weight includes a gun.)
    Real guns have hammers.

I'm at 184 now and my goal is to get down to 175, so I don't have far to go. Will try to maintain around 180 after that.

Despite cheating like Bill Clinton over the holidays, I'm now down to 226lbs.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Officially the tubbiest on the team.

12/8/18 - 286.6
    1/3/19 - 278.0

HR ran a healthy holidays message with a sign that said "You can't out run your fork".

I'm a stress eater, comfort eater, eat when I feel good, eat when I feel bad, social eater, solo eater kind of guy. A few years back I had dropped to 245 and kept it off for six months. Then stress at work and at church followed by a house move started the frieght train running again. It's to bring my body into subjection.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

First milestone. I found that dropping the default goals in FitBit to something within reach on a daily basis has helped. Instead of a step count that my office day job never let me get close to, I now have a goal that is within reach when I get out of work to push for even if I'm walking laps around my house.

Anyone else refer to 10 minutes before the hour as "step-o-clock?"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

So -1.2 this week.

As much as a PITA tracking food using MyfitnessPal is, it does help control what I eat. I decided not to obsess over carbs and just eat less. My daily target is set to 1,500 cal. I was generally between 1,500 and 2,000 a day.

Only went to the gym once in this period. I re-caught a cold last few days, which is maddening since we just got clear of the flu like a week ago. It sucks to be sick.

Site Supporter
    Alright. Just got on the bid at work, so life can start again.

228.8 starting.

pat

5’8” here and weighed 235lbs. at the beginning of the week. 233lbs this morning. Need to get my fat ass back to the gym and continue to eat less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    As much as a PITA tracking food using MyfitnessPal is, it does help control what I eat.
    MyFitnessPal is what I used to lose the weight last time and it's how I'm starting this round as well. My daily burn rate is around 3000-3500 calories right now according to FitBit. I've capped my food intake at ~2000 calories and I'm not eating back my calories on heavy activity days. That should put me at a deficit around 7000 calories/week or roughly 2 pounds per week or 50 pounds in 6 months. Combine that with a low FODMAP diet due to likely IBS symptoms and I'm a logging nightmare.

Hopefully you can shake the cold and get back on your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I am in.

Holiday junk food and Coors Light have teamed up to put me at 168.5.
    165.5 this morning.

User Tag List