Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Got my butt on my treadmill last night, did a paltry mile but one is better tha none, feeling sore haha. Back on it tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Buy a Garmin fitness tracker and join the PF group! When I started in April, I could not run a quarter mile without stopping. Last Saturday I had a total distance of 5 miles, but a considerable portion of that was walking because my dog is so out of shape. Anyway, running 3-4 miles without stopping is not difficult for me now. I've been amazed at what getting on the treadmill 2-3 times a week has done for my overall fitness, and the Garmin thread deserves most of the credit for that. It's been a huge help to me.

In other news, my weight today was 169.6. Today is the first time my pre-run weight has been under 170. When I started participating in this thread, my weight was 190, and I picked 170 as my goal weight. I'm revising my target goal down to 160 now. The most recent three pounds were rather difficult to lose, but a couple of days with pretty severe caloric restriction did the trick. The next ten pounds might be pretty miserable, but I'm certain the goal is attainable.

My I suggest that if you know exactly to the 10th Of a lb how much your body weighs....

But you have no idea what your deadlift max is - then we’re only seeing one side of the effort

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    My I suggest that if you know exactly to the 10th Of a lb how much your body weighs....

But you have no idea what your deadlift max is - then we’re only seeing one side of the effort
    I thought that was supposed to be reported in the deadlift max thread. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I thought that was supposed to be reported in the deadlift max thread. My bad.
    You probably posted it somewhere in the “new gun laws i suggest” thread -
    Which I skipped.

Site Supporter
    196.6#. -2# since last weekend. I’ll take it.

Been an interesting week. More later; match today.

Still stuck at 225#. I'm going to start a daily journal and log times doing physical activities vs. office/truck time. It's been a super rainy Sept/Oct and I'm not getting outside like I was when I was shedding the weight quickly. The good news is that I've gained zero and stabilized my eating habits.

The sun is shining today. I've already stacked a pile of crap for a bonfire after it snows. I have hundreds of standing dead spruce to cut on my property killed by spruce bark beetles. Lots of chainsaw and lifting workouts in the snow for the next 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Been an interesting week. More later; match today.
    Nice job turning it around. How tall are you? That calorie intake is about what I have to do to lose a 2 to 3 lbs a week at 5'10". I ran some numbers from the last three days and I can see I've been slipping upwards to the 2000 cal a day level AND less activity. My problem isn't a mystery, it's just a lack of focus issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Nice job turning it around. How tall are you? That calorie intake is about what I have to do to lose a 2 to 3 lbs a week at 5'10". I ran some numbers from the last three days and I can see I've been slipping upwards to the 2000 cal a day level AND less activity. My problem isn't a mystery, it's just a lack of focus issue.
    5'6".

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Been an interesting week. More later; match today...
    Ok, match is over, finished 35/43 and 5/8 Production Shooters. Made a 26% on the classifier so no progress from D to C today.

Anyway, on the the diet: This week's changes:

- Tried IF Monday through Thursday. Did not eat until after 11AM daily. This generated a caloric reduction (duh) but also (maybe?) helped me into the fasting deal. I dunno.

- Removed Stevia 100% from my diet. Also no creamer. Plus all drink other than water. No stevia in coffee (boo!) no stevia in Oatmeal (no oatmeal in fact). No stevia in my 12 oz Coffee at work. Added Kerry Gold unsalted butter to the coffee; which was pretty weird at first. It tastes like coffee with butter in it. (well duh again.) Small caloric deficit but helps I guess.

- Removed all salad dressing. This was suggested by my Lunch Lady; her husband lost 60# apparently on a low card diet and she suggested it. So, Tuesday, no dressing. All of a sudden now I am tasting the actual ingredients; lettuce, chicken, broccoli, etc. being as how it's not dripping with Ranch. So that's like another -170 calories daily.

- Removed all breads i.e. no carbs. I did one Dr. Cruz Skinny "Muffin" (you mix 1/4 c ground flax, 2 T cocoa powder, cinnamon to taste, 1 t baking soda, 1 egg and 1 T oil (I used Avocado oil) then uwave for 60s in a coffee mug. These aren't really "muffins" but turn out like one. I slice it then drape it in butter but they are pretty dry. I dunno I can keep these up.

- Added a ton of fish. We had some frozen Salmon filets, I nuked them in the uwave and put them on a salad bed. Plus Saturday we went to Dunedin Fish Market and had Grouper (it was meh). Today I had a nice blackened Grouper at a new place we haven't tried (Ballyhoo's on Erlich Rd here in Tampa) with steamed spinach and green beans. Very good.

So...all of that I guess together ended up on the order of minus 6 pounds for the entire week. Mrs. Rich says she can notice it in my neck which is where it starts usually to come off first.

Plan is working so I'm going to hit it again next week. I have a trip to Tokyo for work the following two weeks, so my plan is to keep the diet going by learning about Sashimi and Sushi while I'm there; plus if I have to use dang chopsticks I'll likely starve as well lol.

User Tag List