Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's not me, it's the gun (so now what?) - Gen4 G17 issues

It's not me, it's the gun (so now what?) - Gen4 G17 issues

I mean, it’s REALLY hard not to go Dawson when you’re trying to really dial in the sights. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spinmove_; 12-07-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    SCIENCE!!!

About all the 9mm I've shot in a long while is Fiocchi or S&B. I got on that kick because my 9mm Operator does NOT like Lawman. I've been really impressed with both those Euro brands of 115 fmj.

Sellier and Bellot 124 and Speer 124 factory seconds have been good performers for me too.

S&B in 230 grain 45 ACP has been a range favorite too. Love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Sellier and Bellot 124 and Speer 124 factory seconds have been good performers for me too.

S&B in 230 grain 45 ACP has been a range favorite too. Love that stuff.
    That .45 load shoots incredibly precise for the bargain ammo from sgammo.com.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    SCIENCE!!!

About all the 9mm I've shot in a long while is Fiocchi or S&B. I got on that kick because my 9mm Operator does NOT like Lawman. I've been really impressed with both those Euro brands of 115 fmj.

I agree!

Site Supporter
    I'd give some different ammo a try. Some Glocks prefer what they prefer and so you just buy cases of it and hope it matches POI with your JHPs

I had a gun that would group aguila 124 gr very well, but the same companies 115 gr was crap. Speer Lawman is typically good ammo IME and the 115 gr version is exceptionally accurate in my M&P.

Target sports has a couple different ammo brands and weights all for about the same cost. Just buy a case of each and whatever shoots best is the new go-to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    RMR both guns, you'll never look back.
    I Put a dot on a 34 and became even more disappointed in its lackluster accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I Put a dot on a 34 and became even more disappointed in its lackluster accuracy.
    That's kind of anomalous as it had been my experience, as well as the experience of a lot of folks I shoot with, that when having a precision vs accuracy discrepancy that a red dot equipped gun closes the gap and removes POA/POI variance between primary/secondary samples of the same pistol type.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I may still sell both and get into some Gen 5's. I hear they're all the rage
    IMO, the Gen 5s are worth it. They are both better individually and more consistent gun to gun. I have two 17Ms that are the same except 4 digits of the s/n (my issued gun and a retiree's gun I purchased) and they hit the same out of the box. I had to adjust the rear sight slightly on both, as they both hit about 1.5" left at 10y out of the box (as did a host of others, rear sights weren't quite centered in our run)

Unless you're just a big fan of the finger grooves, I wouldn't hesitate to jump ship to Gen 5's instead of dolling up the Gen 4's.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Since I’m opening up to the option of changing anyway, I figured I’d try a few different things. The following will be on the docket to test next week (borrowed from a friend): M&P 2.0 w/Apex trigger, Beretta 92, STI Edge (all 9mm).

Name:  F0706D34-FAB5-44DD-890A-AF61D621B40A.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  100.6 KB
    Last edited by ASH556; 12-09-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I totally stole this from BigT in the spare parts thread but it expresses the idea I was trying to convey earlier in this thread:

I keep as many spares as is possible on hand . Shit breaks , and a broken trigger spring isnt worth changing guns out from my primary to a back up at a match. Because the backup is never idehtical, even if its identical

User Tag List