Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bergara B14 HMR

Check with SilencerCo or other MFG

When I bought my Omega and Saker 5.56 the idea was to be able to mount on several different rifles that I have.
    I contacted SilencerCo about mounting the Saker 5.56 I my 22-250 and they said I would be better off using the Omega because it would handle the muzzle pressures of the 22-250. They weren't too keen on my using the Saker on the 22-250.
    You might want to check with the MFG before investing in a 5.56 can for the 22-250. 22-250 produces a fair amount of muzzle pressure that the 5.56 suppressors may not handle. And, 5.56 suppressors are usually 1/2x28 thread.
    Just my .02 worth.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Back at the range with the Bergara today. Last time out my chronograph reported 3385 FPS, which made me quite suspicious. Seemed awful low for the powder charge. Today I shot 400 and 600 to validate the trajectory and set up the scope and rangefinder. Using Litz's G7 BC, the drops worked out to around 3550 FPS. I shot a 12" plate at 608 yards multiple times. All of the hits were in the top half of the plate so I may have left .5 MOA on the table. Might be closer to 3600. Will have to test on paper another day.

Name:  IMG_0887.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  47.5 KB

Listen close. 608 yards.

The factory magazine gave me fits in the field today. The follower kept sticking down. Gonna have to order the Magpul mags soon so I can be ready for a three-day hunt coming up.

Site Supporter
    I am still happy with my Bergara HMR 6.5 CM. I took it to the range today and confirmed zero at 100 then went to the 300 and 500 yard ranges while I was trying out my 224V. Big difference 140 grain bullets hitting steel at 500 yards versus 80s.

Took the B14 HMR in .22-250 out today to verify zero for coyote season. I had scrubbed the barrel clean and wanted to see what happened to POI from a clean cold bore to a slightly fouled bore. I shot the first two shots, let my wife shoot a three-shot group on a different target, then I shot the third and final shot in my group. The net was a .430" group at 100 yards. I will take that any day for an out-of-the-box factory rifle. The leftward tendency would amount to less than 2" at 600 yards so I may give it one click right on the next trip out, then again, I may leave it as-is.

I am in the window where my suppressor could be freed any day between now and December. Hoping sooner rather than later.

Name:  IMG_2241.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  50.2 KB
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-02-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Haven't been practicing with the hunting rifles much. Broke out the coyote rig a couple of weeks ago and checked zero with the GemTech Tracker on it. Three shot group from cold bore. Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA for reference. Crude measurement with a tape measure is 3/4" OD, so that would put CTC at just over 1/2".
    35 grains Varget, 55 grain NBT, GM210M. 100 yards.

Name:  IMG_3838.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  24.2 KB

Since the Ridge and the HMR are the same barreled action I bought one of these to shave a couple of pounds off of my coyote hunting rig. The fit was a bit snug, but it dropped in. Checked zero at the 100-yard indoor range on Wednesday with the suppressor on and I had to come up two clicks.

I think this is quite a stock for the money. I have spent more on worse stocks for sure.

https://bergara.bpishopping.com/shop.../r32270re.html

User Tag List