Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: till Valhalla ????

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yes! It's so embarrassing to see cops running around with the blue warrior, sheepdog, Spartan stuff. The toughest cops I have ever met would laugh at people like that. They knew how to handle the worst of situations in a effective and proper way, without all the cheesy bravado.

When I was a new officer, I wanted to look like a cop. So I got the high and tight, and walked around "looking cool". Of course I actually looked like a redneck 140 pound white Steve Urkel, but consulting reality is never fun. It didn't take long for me to get that out of my system.

What's sad is you see guys with 10-20 years in still acting like they are fresh on the job hot shots.
    Here's my cop role model.

Name:  img_3644.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  68.9 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Miss that guy.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

My uncle worked in that precinct back in the day. (Anti-Crime, primarily.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Good stuff.

I have come to a point where I detest the whole Spartan warrior thing that’s popular in LE nowadays.
    It's all just part of the cliché identity branding that's become so popular in our modern society. When I was a (founding)member of my former agencies SWAT unit, we had one patch on our shoulder: a subdued version of our agency patch. That always seemed sufficient. Now, there's a plethora of them featuring skulls, the Ace of Spades, etc. In my opinion, those things don't make you seem like a badass, they just make you look like a fool. Besides, is that really the image you want to send to the public? All of the thin blue line/ sheep dog bullshit really sets my teeth to grinding. It reached the point where, whenever anyone would say, "Thank you for your service." it was all I could do to bite my tongue and avoid telling them to fuck off.

When I was an instructor I used to tell recruits, "Being tough and acting tough are not the same thing. Remember that people, both good and bad, can tell the difference."
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-06-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Wow! I just recognized him on the 3rd revisit to the thread. That's awesome. I loved it when he locked my heels on LF years ago when I got out my lane. It was great!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Is scanning-without-seeing WORSE than not scanning at all? Is that where we're at?
    After some thought, I would say yes. Even tunnel vision is better, as at least then you are seeing SOMETHING. Scanning without seeing is effectively being blind. I've been there. The first time I went through an active shooter training course with 100+ roleplayers in one hallway of a real school screaming, running around, begging for help, simulated wounds, improvised devices simulated, smoke, etc. I was basically blind. Which was the point, of course, to acclimate you to such chaotic surroundings so you could learn to actually scan.

I've spent roughly 1/2 my career in plain clothes and was in plain clothes during my police action shooting. If you're a civilian you're ALWAYS the guy in plain clothes. Blue-on-blue has been a great concern of mine due to that experience. What if you scan without seeing and fail to recognize uniformed cops approaching you? Or turn with the weapon in your hand? That's setting yourself up to get shot.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

At my last in-service I was surprised to see so many of the young guys wearing spartan, punisher and sheepdog t-shirts. I haven’t looked lately, but gall’s probably sells them too. I’ve never been a fan of those printed shirts...they’re stiff and uncomfortable.

As far as scanning, I tend to scan more like John Farnam...which is cautiously and without being labored or in a hurry.

I agree with Mr. Pannone on all counts. The most badass cops, military and civilian guys I’ve ever known were complete cutups, who could turn on the heat and be a complete beast, then revert right back to being a ham once the scene was code 4 again. Life is too short to be an insufferable hardass all the time. Those dudes burnout and nobody wants to be around them. I’m sure there’s an evolutionary advantage towards mental health being able to flip the switch, instead of walking around in a state of chronic hypervigilance...too much of anything is never good, especially cortisol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people trained to scan after a shooting actually scan after a real shooting?
    David S.

Needs more molon labia patches, sick tribals, and an edgy hairdo before I can take him seriously.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Do people trained to scan after a shooting actually scan after a real shooting?
    In the Walter Scott shooting video it looks like the officer looks left, then right.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqgVlk0NQ

User Tag List