Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally understand the fuss about colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I will have to look, but I will find one of my very old repair books and copy the D frame section for you. That is, if you are interested.
    If you don't mind, I'd like this as well.

As would I please.

Also, here is the link to the gunsmithing section of the Colt forum that has some interesting and useful information.

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-smithing/

I just remembered you have to be logged in to see the pictures, but its well worth registering if you are interested in learning about working on Colt revolvers, as well as many of the very nice pics there of various guns in general.
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Gentlemen, I'll happily send this info. I have the books stored, and as soon as I dig them out, I will pm you for your mailing address. I don't scan so will have to mail copies. I'm at the stage of life where I'm downsizing. I've sold many books but am 99% certain that I have these. Recently I found a document that I thought lost. It's a partial work summany written by Roy Jinks about his S&W serial number research. Frannie Longtin, longtime old man of S&W, gave it to me 40 years ago. I intend to give it to Stephanie for Christmas. She may be the only Jewish girl in Connecticut getting a S&W document for Christmas from an old dude in Texas. Of course, she has to read this and then pm her mailing address.

Perhaps a simpler overall plan may be send a printed copy to someone, and they could disperse it digitally to others. Its pretty simple once scanned and in hand.

The local library has scanned things for me and sent them to my email, at which point I saved them in my computer at home and then had digital copies available.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Malamute;819325]Perhaps a simpler overall plan may be send a printed copy to someone, and they could disperse it digitally to others. Its pretty simple once scanned and in hand.

The local library has scanned things for me and sent them to my email, at which point I saved them in my computer at home and then had digital copies available.[/QUOT

Good idea. I'll send it to you. Thanks.

No problem, Id be glad to do it!

There's nothing like an old Colt DA revolver. I prefer S&W's for routine shooters, but you can't beat an old Colt for Swiss like precision of manufacture. My oldest Colt DA is a 100 year old Army Special .38. That thing is still bank vault tight and drives tacks. With a box of wadcutters, my Officers Model Match is my favorite relaxation piece.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    There's nothing like an old Colt DA revolver. I prefer S&W's for routine shooters, but you can't beat an old Colt for Swiss like precision of manufacture. My oldest Colt DA is a 100 year old Army Special .38. That thing is still bank vault tight and drives tacks. With a box of wadcutters, my Officers Model Match is my favorite relaxation piece.
    I've got a Colt Police Positive in .32SWL from 1912. Its an amazing shooter. With wadcutters, it's a great stress release.

I bought one yesterday! What type of grips are on your pistol. Mine came with Pachmayr oversize grips, and look larger than the pistol itself.
    Last edited by FrankB; 12-08-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    They came with it, but they look like the pachmayr compact grips.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I bought one yesterday! What type of grips are on your pistol. Mine came with Pachmayr oversize grips, and look larger than the pistol itself.

User Tag List