Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Checked out some CZ today

Converting any traditional (non Omega), manual-safety equipped, CZ to SAO is very easy. The only thing you "need" to do is add a SAO trigger. The trigger has pre and over travel adjustment and would probably be comparable to your Sig SAO after adjusting.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/st...minum-trigger/

If you go that route I would also highly recommend the Short Reset Kit from either Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom. This will allow you to get a really short reset and includes the improved firing pin retaining pin which is a necessary upgrade for any CZ. If you want to go all the way you could get a competition hammer from CGW which will give a nice crisp break and lighter trigger pull as opposed to the slightly rolling break of the stock trigger.

SP-01 $650
    SAO Trigger $50
    Short Reset Kit $75

For under $800 you will have an excellent pistol with a trigger reasonably close to a 1911.

That post about Mike Panonne’s facebook wherein he hints at a new as yet “unannounced CZ” Can’t wait to see what this is. Sub P07, Single stack CZ? I personally can’t wait for the P10 s, hope it accomodates a three finger grip.

Anyone hear anything more about this?

Dave

SP 01 Shadow Orange is my go to match gun. I've converted it to SAO, added G10 LOK grips instead of original thin aluminium scales and adjustable sights.
    I'm not too fond of the safety lever - it is quite mushy and should have more positive click in ON and OFF positions. Furthermore the ledge sits too low to properly rest thumb on it during firing.
    But othervise it shoots great and I enjoy readily available parts, well priced magazines and other benefits of commonly used gun (in Czech Republic).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    That post about Mike Panonne’s facebook wherein he hints at a new as yet “unannounced CZ” Can’t wait to see what this is. Sub P07, Single stack CZ? I personally can’t wait for the P10 s, hope it accomodates a three finger grip.

Anyone hear anything more about this?

Dave
    Please let it be a single stack P 07 with the footprint of s S&W Shield...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Try a Tactical Sport Orange (TSO) in SAO - Dayum!
    I admit I'm developing quite a fondness for getting a TSO. Plus I love orange almost as much as @Tom_Jones does.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That'd be haute, hawt, hot...

___

ETA: Is there an improved thumb safety that is more positive click on the CZ? Last time I played with them, I didn't like the feel of the safety. As someone described upthread they are kind of "mushy".
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-08-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I admit I'm developing quite a fondness for getting a TSO. Plus I love orange almost as much as @Tom_Jones does.

That'd be haute, hawt, hot...

___

ETA: Is there an improved thumb safety that is more positive click on the CZ? Last time I played with them, I didn't like the feel of the safety. As someone described upthread they are kind of "mushy".
    It's not the saftey lever that's the problem..it's the spring..there was a guy selling higher power saftey lever springs,over at the CZ Forum, and I installed one on my steel framed compact, made all the difference, It now clicks nicely into place..The guy you want to contact is

Scott Perman
    www.dsperman.com
    Last edited by ralph; 12-08-2018 at 07:26 PM.

^^^Yep. You want this.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Honestly? I’m hoping they’re optics ready P-07s and P-09s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2019 Catalog is poster on their site already! They show a pretty cool P10sc, looks like compact frame fullsize slide. Weird that the P10s is not in the catalog, I guess cause it’s already posted on their main site.

Site Supporter
    A thin/single stack P-07 style gun would probably cause me to return to P-07s as my duty and carry guns.

User Tag List