Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Checked out some CZ today

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    You may be confusing the Phantom (polymer frame) for the Shadow (all metal).

I just finished Cajunizing a Shadow 2. CZ triggers clean up reeeeally well.

Attachment 32987

Yeah, you must be right. Need to brush up on my CZ nomenclature!!

Vending Machine Operator
    I am friends with a local LE who is our running champion of local league shooting. I was not a believer in the CZ Shadow series until I watched him run his Shadow 2 at the range a few weeks ago. WOW is that gun fast. Ran without issue as well and my bear paws liked it.

I was bummed that when I finally bought my long time wishlist CZ PCR it was too small for my hands. Really need to stop underestimating the difference between European hands and mid-American bear paws. But it was still a nice gun.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Stopped by the local fun shop just a little while ago to get a second impression on the CZs. This visit just reinforced my original thoughts. I love everything about the SP01 Tactical, the sights, grips, capacity, undercut in the frame and extended beavertail, checkering on the grip frame and front slide serrations. Just not enamored with the trigger. I really like the SAO trigger as it is pretty smooth and fairly crisp, but the rest of the gun just doesn’t measure up to the SP01. Since I bought my SAO SIGs and my WC Berettas and Langdon LTT, all with trigger jobs BTW, I guess I really have become spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Stopped by the local fun shop just a little while ago to get a second impression on the CZs. This visit just reinforced my original thoughts. I love everything about the SP01 Tactical, the sights, grips, capacity, undercut in the frame and extended beavertail, checkering on the grip frame and front slide serrations. Just not enamored with the trigger. I really like the SAO trigger as it is pretty smooth and fairly crisp, but the rest of the gun just doesn’t measure up to the SP01. Since I bought my SAO SIGs and my WC Berettas and Langdon LTT, all with trigger jobs BTW, I guess I really have become spoiled.
    It's really hard to compare a stock trigger to one that's been worked over..CZ triggers can be easily brought up to LTT levels, but that's going to require a trip to either CGW, or CZ custom..You will not get that level of trigger from a stock gun, period. As I mentioned earlier, if you really want a SAO trigger in a SP01, thats possible, but the only way it's possible is by converting a manual saftey SP01, (same pistol just with a manual saftey lever, instead of a decocker) you can't convert a decocker model to SAO. Converting a DA/SA CZ to SAO, isn't that expensive, depending on how far you want to go with it..I would think that for the same money as a trigger job in a bag from LTT, you could get a SP01, SAO, with an excellant trigger. There's plenty of options for CZ's don't be put off by the stock triggers which, BTW, smooth out nicely with a little shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    It's really hard to compare a stock trigger to one that's been worked over..CZ triggers can be easily brought up to LTT levels, but that's going to require a trip to either CGW, or CZ custom..You will not get that level of trigger from a stock gun, period. As I mentioned earlier, if you really want a SAO trigger in a SP01, thats possible, but the only way it's possible is by converting a manual saftey SP01, (same pistol just with a manual saftey lever, instead of a decocker) you can't convert a decocker model to SAO. Converting a DA/SA CZ to SAO, isn't that expensive, depending on how far you want to go with it..I would think that for the same money as a trigger job in a bag from LTT, you could get a SP01, SAO, with an excellant trigger. There's plenty of options for CZ's don't be put off by the stock triggers which, BTW, smooth out nicely with a little shooting..

Thanks again for the information. Trigger work is always a viable option obviously. I waited a long time for Beretta to make ‘my’ perfectly specced 92. Is it too much to ask for CZ to do the same?!? If I decide to buy I’ll just have to make a decision and live with it. Obviously this is a ‘first world’ problem and I am sure I would enjoy whatever it is that I bought, and given the value compared to what I have bought lately I could see myself buying both eventually!

My wife has a CZ 75 Shadow Custom. https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz...tom-black.html

Sweet pistol. She runs it SA (cocked and locked) all the time but has the option of DA/SA. SA pull is 2.5# and DA is about 6.5#. It has a real short reset. No need to go to the trouble of converting to SAO with this pistol. It has the oversized safeties also. Those trigger pulls are just as it came from CZ Custom. It needed no additional work.

Thanks again for the information. Trigger work is always a viable option obviously. I waited a long time for Beretta to make ‘my’ perfectly specced 92. Is it too much to ask for CZ to do the same?!? If I decide to buy I’ll just have to make a decision and live with it. Obviously this is a ‘first world’ problem and I am sure I would enjoy whatever it is that I bought, and given the value compared to what I have bought lately I could see myself buying both eventually!
    You can always buy a pistol pre-worked over by either CZ Custom or CGW direct. That’s a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You can always buy a pistol pre-worked over by either CZ Custom or CGW direct. That’s a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly..and for what JimLob65 wants, that would probably be the easiest route to go, you get what you want. It's not going to be cheap, but then W.C. Beretta's aren't either..and, I still ended up installing a trigger job in a bag, from LTT in my Cent-Tac..So, I've been down that road.. The thing is, when you buy a pistol from CZ custom, or CGW, or send one in for some work, you'll get what you want..
    Last edited by ralph; 12-06-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Exactly..and for what JimLob65 wants, that would probably be the easiest route to go, you get what you want. It's not going to be cheap, but then W.C. Beretta's aren't either..and, I still ended up installing a trigger job in a bag, from LTT in my Cent-Tac..So, I've been down that road..
    Ahhh.... It's ONLY money....!

Ahhh.... It's ONLY money....!

That's right! Seriously, if you buy a custom pistol from either CZ custom, or CGW, you won't be dissapointed..I have a CZ compact (99021) that was a very short run by CZ, these are all steel compacts that have a frame that looks like a SP01(same beavertail, etc),except it's a compact, These were never listed in CZ's catalog.. I sent it to CGW, and had them install one of their ring hammers, polish the internals, and had the frame, barrel, slide, slide stop saftey levers, black nitrided, I had installed a "old style" trigger, extended firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, reduced power trigger return spring, and removable trigger pin, and a 15lb hammer spring I also installed a set of Dawson sights. Frankly I'm happier with this pistol than I am with my Cent-Tac, which if one looks at the machine work in the slide, is a bit dissapointing, considering what you pay for it...
    Last edited by ralph; 12-06-2018 at 11:09 AM.

User Tag List