Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checked out some CZ today

Checked out some CZ today

Made it to the range for the first time in quite a while today and put some rounds through my Langdon LTT, SIG P226 SAO Legion and 365. Didn’t do bad considering....

On the way out I checked out the new pistols for sale and spent some time at the counter where the CZs were on display. I always liked CZ style pistols but have only owned an Armalite AR24, now discontinued, in the past. I did put some rounds through an SP01 owned by one of the guys at the counter years ago and was really impressed. Still, I have had very little experience with CZ other than that.

I first checked out an SP01 and then the SP01 Tactical, not knowing the difference between them. Nothing like an all metal TDA! The ergos were excellent and seemed to fit my hand really well. I loved the rubber grips, night sights, large magazine capacity and the decock on the Tactical. It seems you get a lot of pistol for your money with CZ. Wasn’t thrilled with the heavy DA pull although it seemed smooth, and the SA seemed only OK though. Guess my WC Berettas and LTT, all with action tune/trigger jobs have me spoiled! Then the counter guy suggested the SAO version of the 75b, which I was very impressed with at least when it came to the trigger. It had a smooth trigger with little take-up and smooth actual pull, although having more pull length than my SAO P226s. The straight trigger felt really good too. If the SP01, with the higher capacity mags, night sights and rubber grips came in a SAO trigger I would be all over it. As it stands though, adding rubber grips to the SAO pistol and then maybe night sights I think would be a heck of a pistol.

I just may have to try out some CZ goodness soon! Would just have to decide between the SP01 Tactical and the SAO version.

Try a Tactical Sport Orange (TSO) in SAO - Dayum!
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

CZ does indeed make some good stuff. Quite enjoying my P-07 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at p10s today, intent on buying one. They had 3. A suppressor ready model, an FDE with night sights, and a black one with standard sights.

They were pretty different. The suppressor ready model had the tightest slide to frame fit and best trigger. The FDE one had the loosest slide and a worse trigger but not awful. The black one had a terrible trigger. Like, felt like a different gun. The vast differences I’m seeing in p10s is kind of annoying.

Should have just bought a shadow 2 they had.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I was looking at p10s today, intent on buying one. They had 3. A suppressor ready model, an FDE with night sights, and a black one with standard sights.

They were pretty different. The suppressor ready model had the tightest slide to frame fit and best trigger. The FDE one had the loosest slide and a worse trigger but not awful. The black one had a terrible trigger. Like, felt like a different gun. The vast differences I’m seeing in p10s is kind of annoying.

Should have just bought a shadow 2 they had.

That’s interesting. I will have to keep this in mind if I decide to buy.

I looked at a Shadow 2 also. Nice, but I figured I might just as well go the ‘all metal’ road.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Made it to the range for the first time in quite a while today and put some rounds through my Langdon LTT, SIG P226 SAO Legion and 365. Didn’t do bad considering....

On the way out I checked out the new pistols for sale and spent some time at the counter where the CZs were on display. I always liked CZ style pistols but have only owned an Armalite AR24, now discontinued, in the past. I did put some rounds through an SP01 owned by one of the guys at the counter years ago and was really impressed. Still, I have had very little experience with CZ other than that.

I first checked out an SP01 and then the SP01 Tactical, not knowing the difference between them. Nothing like an all metal TDA! The ergos were excellent and seemed to fit my hand really well. I loved the rubber grips, night sights, large magazine capacity and the decock on the Tactical. It seems you get a lot of pistol for your money with CZ. Wasn’t thrilled with the heavy DA pull although it seemed smooth, and the SA seemed only OK though. Guess my WC Berettas and LTT, all with action tune/trigger jobs have me spoiled! Then the counter guy suggested the SAO version of the 75b, which I was very impressed with at least when it came to the trigger. It had a smooth trigger with little take-up and smooth actual pull, although having more pull length than my SAO P226s. The straight trigger felt really good too. If the SP01, with the higher capacity mags, night sights and rubber grips came in a SAO trigger I would be all over it. As it stands though, adding rubber grips to the SAO pistol and then maybe night sights I think would be a heck of a pistol.

I just may have to try out some CZ goodness soon! Would just have to decide between the SP01 Tactical and the SAO version.
    Just to throw a wrench in the works, If you can find a SP01 with a manual saftey,(they make them with either a manual saftey or decocker) those CAN be converted to SAO..

I saw a Mike Pannone post on FB yesterday of a P09 and a spectacular group. Noner commented that this group was not actually shot with the pistol pictured but with a new model yet UNDISCLOSED. He advised us to start saving our money pending the SHOT reveal. I'm not even a CZ guy and he had my heart racing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

While I'm not much of a Cee Zed pistol guy, their rifles are absolutely superb-both functionally and aesthetically, and in my opinion an incredible value. My deer hunting ensemble consists of a CZ 550 with a full Mannilicher stock in .308, and a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62 x 39 (which also makes an interesting scout rifle).

Best, Jon

I looked at a Shadow 2 also. Nice, but I figured I might just as well go the ‘all metal’ road.
    You may be confusing the Phantom (polymer frame) for the Shadow (all metal).

I just finished Cajunizing a Shadow 2. CZ triggers clean up reeeeally well.

Name:  1125182219.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  72.6 KB
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

CZ's

I have a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ that they converted to SAO. Also have another CZ 75 SP01 from CZ Custom that has NOT been converted to SAO. Also have a CZ 75 SP01 (non-Shadow model) that was built and converted to SAO by Cajun Gun Works that I purchased used (practically new). Then I have one of CZ Custom's Pro-Tek 1 pistols that I use as an EDC pistol. Finally, I own a CZ 97B that CZ Custom built and converted to SAO and installed an adjustable rear sight on after milling the rear of the slide to accommodate the sight. And just to make things interesting, my wife just ordered a tricked out CZ RAMI 2075 from Cajun Gun Works for my Christmas present!

Can't tell you which of the pistols I like the most. I shoot the 75 SP01's in IDPA and steel matches, just beginning to shoot the CZ97B in a few IDPA matches, and carry the Pro-Tek 1 every day. I like them all very much and have found all my 1911's are drawing "gun safe duty" almost all the time lately! Also, cannot over-emphasize the quality of service and support I have received from all the guys at CZ Custom. My personal experience with Cajun Gun Works is considerably less extensive, but they have been great, too.

User Tag List