Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about fire in the hole.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire in a police range. Skip to 1 minute.

https://www.facebook.com/16676021672...6817835049397/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    What happened?

Fire caused by residual dust and powder under a WOOD floor. Back in the bronze age, a range I frequented in California had carpet on the range floor. Saw that catch fire on more then one occasion.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-03-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Fire caused by residual dust and powder under a WOOD floor. Back in the bronze age, a range I frequented in California had carpet on the range floor. saw that catch fire on more then one occasion.
    Happened here a few years ago, place went up like a box of matches. I seriously don't know how an indoor range could get away with carpet in it. Oh, well it turned out well for all involved. No one was hurt when it went up and the place got rebuilt and is actually a half decent place now.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-03-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Terrible!

Is it me or was the muzzle flash excessive? It was as if they were firing incendiary ammo.

I've seen a range fire before, but nothing as explosive as that. That flashed with intensity. I hope the officers were wearing FR clothes, and are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Is it me or was the muzzle flash excessive? It was as if they were firing incendiary ammo.
    I haven’t been able to find any info that tells us what. Definitely high flash, low recoil. I surmise either LL or blanks. With the women in the back taking photos I wonders if they were doing some half assed photo op for something.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Our indoor range has a concrete floor. Every once in a while it will flash fire over, particularly in the seams where unburnt powder and paper from targets accumulates. It usually burns itself out pretty quickly, and they don’t try to extinguish it, as the chemicals mess up the air filtration system.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List