Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Practices for Putting on a Stiker-Fired Gun While Seated

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just to clarify, the OP is putting on and taking off an already holstered pistol, not unholstering and re-bolstering, which as you noted is riskier.
    Thanks but that’s what I understood and why I’m interested in the thread. I don’t have a SCD on my pistol and carry AIWB. I don’t trust taking off the holster unless I’m standing which is why I do it the way I do. Hoping to learn how to do it safely in the car and this thread has been helpful to me.

I prefer that it never leaves a holster. Make it an easy on/off single clip holster. JMCK or Darkstargear steel clip. Vedder or Highnoon also OK.

I appreciate the ongoing dialog. As usual, P-F members contribute good advice and sound ideas.

I generally avoid bridging my hips up, because it brings the whole operation into view to those outside the vehicle. Especially in my small car. But tonight I realized that if the parking lot is dark, it becomes less important to keep things below the window line. So the hip bridge is certainly viable for me in darker environments, and I'll incorporate it into my routine.

I also have tinted windows, and usually use a sun shade on the front windshield. The sun shade reduces the opportunities for people to see into the car. It also makes the vehicle more shaded inside.

As several posters have mentioned, the "stripped down" holsters are definitely easier to put on. I've found that the more belt clips, foam wedges, and struts there are, the more cumbersome it becomes. And I used pull-the-dot loops exactly once before swapping them out. That said, I've been using a JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 for a year, without too much trouble. It had a very small wedge on it though.

Folks who live in 2A friendly environments are probably scratching their heads and thinking "WTF???". Unfortunately, this level of discretion is mandatory in certain parts of the county.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-04-2018 at 10:12 PM.

User Tag List