Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Precision AR Optic Mount

Precision AR Optic Mount

Last time I shopped AR optics mounts seriously, the market was all about Larue and maybe ADM was starting to show up.

If I feller were shopping for a mount for a nice magnified optic on a precision-type AR build these days, what is the current "go to"? I wouldn't object to both a "money no object" vs. "value leader" dichotomy of recommendations...
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 12-02-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: stupid grammars
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Geissele Super Precision, if you can live without lever releases.

Site Supporter
    I have tried a GG&G GS-1 rail with traditional rings. This is a fairly low cost option.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Money no object would probably be the likes of Spuhr, Geissele, Really Right Stuff, American Rifle Company, and Aadmount. Higher end, but not quite as expensive, I'm thinking Nightforce, Badger Ordnance, and Seekins. Good value buys, Aero Precision, Warnes, and Burris. None of these are exhaustive lists.

Scalarworks, GDI Engineering, and ZRODelta are also interesting choices on the higher end, though I'm not sure as to their quality, as I personally haven't heard anything on them, though I suspect Scalarworks will be a pretty good product as more and more reviews trickle out, and they're just too new to have too much exposure.

FWIW, my choice of Gucci were the Spuhr mounts, although I'm mounting LPVOs on so-called fighting ARs.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-02-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Not mentioned already - Value - Midwest Industries
    Mentioned already, no holds barred - Aadmount
    Last edited by STI; 12-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Geissele Super Precision, if you can live without lever releases.
    This ^^^^

The Aero mount performs well once the scope is mounted. Getting the scope mounted while keeping it level is maddening though.

Ya know, I’ve actually got an Aero mount, with a PA 1-8 in it. I didn’t realize they were fairly well regarded, I had just got it as an inexpensive, lightweight mount for a budget build. I do remember it was a PITA to get mounted straight.

Depending on which way I go with this I’ll definitely consider another one.
    --Josh

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Ya know, I’ve actually got an Aero mount, with a PA 1-8 in it. I didn’t realize they were fairly well regarded, I had just got it as an inexpensive, lightweight mount for a budget build. I do remember it was a PITA to get mounted straight.

Depending on which way I go with this I’ll definitely consider another one.
    Buy an Aero Mount and use the savings to pay someone else to mount the scope straight ;-)

Also... holy crap. Checking out some of these brands I wasn’t as familiar with, daaaaaang there are some pricey mounts out there.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 12-03-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    --Josh

Just buy the $350 Geissele, pick an optic that's suited for your actual uses, bolt it on and stop worrying about qd

User Tag List