Thread: Interesting speed loader

Semper Paratus,

Steve

That's pretty cool and looks professionally engineered and machined. Doesn't look like it is on the market though.

Looks like a steel version of the "Ripcord" speed loader, discussed in the "Favorite Speedloader" thread; I'll quote @RevolverRob's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’ll take a hard pass. For a few reasons.

First, I am not an advocate of any reloader that requires you to apply lateral force to an open cylinder. That is one bad (or good) tug away from bending the crane or damaging the yoke, rendering the gun totally out of service. This is where Maxfires most often cause issues.

Second, none of the reloading techniques shown there, are ones I personally use. I’m a “universal revolver reload” guy, holding the gun with the weak hand and loading with the strong (right handed).

Three, I don’t like the cylinder spinning freely like a top. Don’t keep the gun at 75-degrees+ vertical you’re going to sling your ammo right out of the cylinder. Which means the margin for error is lower. Than with a speedloader. We still get issues loading from speed loaders when we don’t stay at least 45-degrees or more from horizontal.

The ‘rip cord” also doesn’t negate the problem with speed loaders, which is their circumference (not height), hence why speed strips are popular. While I forsee it having all of the same problems as other flexible loaders.
    Last edited by Drang; 12-01-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List