Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, comments or suggestions on rechargeable batteries?

Thoughts, comments or suggestions on rechargeable batteries?

Not talking anything tactical here...

As we enter into the gadget season, I’m stocking up on the most important accessory... AA Batteries.

I’m curious to hear from other parents or Techies that have experience with rechargeable AA and AAA batteries for home gadgets and kid’s toys. We are going through disposables at the cyclic rate.

Eneloops. Thank me later.

Seriously, find a deal on amazon or elsewhere, buy yourself a bunch and never look back. They are awesome. I use them for a zillion things. They are reliable, long lasting, have a long charging life, can store a charge for years, and don't leak.
    Last edited by blues; 12-01-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Rob, like blues I’ve started using Eneloops thanks to this forum. I’ve been very pleased with how long they last.

I use this charger.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M2...op_mb_pd_title

Link for amazon so P-F might get something out of it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Link for amazon so P-F might get something out of it.
    If you prefer brick and mortar my local COSTCO frequently has them.

The ability to use Eneloop AAA are one of the main reasons I sprung for the new AMG Labs Shot timer

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The ability to use Eneloop AAA are one of the main reasons I sprung for the new Comp M5
    Ftfy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Ftfy
    None of the Aimpoint batteries are as annoying as 9Volts. I have found the only way to keep my current 9v shot timers going has been to never leave the battery in them when not in actual use.

Eneloops...
    /Thread
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I’ve used the standard Eneloop AA and AAA for several years with good results.

The higher-capacity Pros might be a good choice for things that are used often. The tradeoff for the higher capacity is a higher self-discharge rate, but that doesn’t matter if the item is frequently used.

Site Supporter
    Eneloops. Thank me later.

Seriously, find a deal on amazon or elsewhere, buy yourself a bunch and never look back. They are awesome. I use them for a zillion things. They are reliable, long lasting, have a long charging life, can store a charge for years, and don't leak.
    Not to pile on, but this. I've had the Energizers, they sucked. Bought the Amazon Basics, they suck slightly less. Everything I have gets rechargable AA/AAAs once whatever they came with kicks the bucket.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List