Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Thoughts, comments or suggestions on rechargeable batteries?

Thanks for the replies. I'm ordered the 2100 AAs for some led motion lights at work which have been burning through alkaline batteries much faster than I would have thought possible.

Thought I would bump this thread with an update, and ask a question.

To date, in 2020 and 2021, I've bought a total of 20 AA and 24 AAA Eneloop rechargeble batteries. I think I am down to the absolute last remote control, a Samsung TV that accidentally dropped in the storage unit and became deadened as a result, so I avoided replacing that set.

Which brings me to this: I have had a 12-pack of Surefire Lithium CR123a batteries for like forever. My old Streamlight Polytac car flashlight is dieing on me, which caused me to realize, I am out of CR123a's.

I see these USB rechargeable CR123a's for sale, this is typical:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  18.0 KB

https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Rechargea...6998541&sr=8-4

Now, I should probably know this, but do ya'll think there's any issue in using these rechargeable batteries in a flashlight application? It's fairly high (steady) current, so aside from lower capacity (the rechargeables seem to have less Ah, generally, than Lithium) I don't see how it would be an issue? But I was curious if anyone else was using the rechargeables for CR123a use. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I see these USB rechargeable CR123a's for sale, this is typical:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  18.0 KB

https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Rechargea...6998541&sr=8-4

Now, I should probably know this, but do ya'll think there's any issue in using these rechargeable batteries in a flashlight application? It's fairly high (steady) current, so aside from lower capacity (the rechargeables seem to have less Ah, generally, than Lithium) I don't see how it would be an issue? But I was curious if anyone else was using the rechargeables for CR123a use. TIA.
    I have limited experience: 2 batteries in one flashlight. No obvious issues other than the lower capacity(reduced run time).

Site Supporter
    Bringing this thread back up since it's time for me to buy some rechargeable AA and AAA and I could probably use a cr123a or two as well. Are eneloops still the way to go on the AA and AAA? What is the current (heh) recommendation for cr123a?

I'm still happily using AA and AAA eneloops. (efest 700 for 123's.) I haven't kept up with any more recent technology.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thank you.
    You're welcome, but don't thank me yet. I may be behind the curve.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm still happily using AA and AAA eneloops. (efest 700 for 123's.) I haven't kept up with any more recent technology.
    Same.

I am still using the same Eneloops I bought in 2021. No issues.

AA and AAA Eneloops also. Very happy with them.

Site Supporter
    Thanks all. Eneloops it is.

User Tag List