Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your 45 cal pistols!

I’m jealous. I didn’t know they made a decock only 4506.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    And big Brother the 4506.

This one is a decocker only version.

Then there is their old man, the 645.

The old man still can hold his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    I’m jealous. I didn’t know they made a decock only 4506.
    I didn't either.

ends up they are rather uncommon. A couple people have offered me pretty good money for it that are collectors since it is a late model gun and I have all the docs for it.

I like it and intend to keep it though. I have always wanted one, and the decocker version makes it such a sweet gun to shoot and carry.

That said, from what I have since learned from guys who are far more educated about such things than I am, you can convert regular 4506s without too much hassle, and the parts are not all that hard to come by even today. The guys over on the S&W forum are all dialed in on such things are are great at imparting their knowledge about such things.

Great guys.

I actually still have an unfired 4506 sitting in my safe that I am going to sell one of these days when things slow down, and the right collector comes along. It is in the box will all the usual stuff. I literally drove halfway across the state of Idaho and back again to get it from the guy. Burned a solid $100+ worth of gas in my old land cruiser to get that thing, but how often do you find an unfired 4506 in the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I’ll be in my bunk.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Name:  60FC3D5D-EE06-42DE-B038-AFF969DE03FF.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  39.7 KB

Brought this back from Afghanistan. It’s about a .45 caliber. The cylinder stop is worn down to the point the cylinder just freely spins.

1870s production in London. Wonder how it ended up in a shop in Kabul in 2002. Quite a list of possibilities.

Unfortunately those stocks didn't really work for me. They sure look a lot prettier than the goodyears that are on the gun now. But shooting the gun with full power loads has ceased to be painful with the Pachmayrs now on it.

Name:  20150606_161722.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  37.9 KB

(I am aware some people feel one should only load .45 Colt with lead bullets. Those people are wrong. The gun shoots much cleaner with plated bullets.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

I actually still have an unfired 4506 sitting in my safe that I am going to sell one of these days when things slow down, and the right collector comes along. It is in the box will all the usual stuff. I literally drove halfway across the state of Idaho and back again to get it from the guy. Burned a solid $100+ worth of gas in my old land cruiser to get that thing, but how often do you find an unfired 4506 in the box?

I'd like first refusal on that if you do sell it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

1979 Colt Mark IV / Series 70

H&K USP Expert

H&K USP

Colt Wiley Clapp 21st Century Commander

User Tag List