Thread: Ok, the "Change" happened. Pic thread of swords!!!

Ok, the "Change" happened. Pic thread of swords!!!

Cold Steel Prussian saber
    Name:  IMG_20230206_111119.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  32.2 KB
    I've got a couple kriss kutlery swords as well. A katana and a wakizashi.

It's been a long time since I've done any actual training so they're more for decoration now.

Last edited by 03RN; 02-09-2023 at 09:29 PM.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I was a huge S.M. Stirling fan when I was younger. I enjoyed Dies The Fire and several of the sequels. Eventually that series jumped the shark but there were a lot of good books in the beginning. My favorite novels of his were the Island in the Sea of Time series which was like a cousin to Dies The Fire. The island of Nantucket was sent back in time. The story dealt with how the people adapted.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I agree I really liked the Islands in the Sea of Time trilogy. The Emberverse quickly became ridiculous, gamer, re-enactors, Lord of the Rings nuts, professors from Portland State setting up little kingdoms and then mystical horsepoop to explain the change. Calling folks Lady Sprite of The Green Pepper tribe - bah.

The Peshwar - one off book was pretty good. I once talked to Stirling about a plot point in Islands where everyone turned in the guns and the save the whale nut (who was later raped by a panther) and her friend burned them up. I said, in TX - that would never happen. We would tell the Sheriff to shove it. Some guns might be donated for a self-defense force but that's it. He agreed.

As far as old me wielding a sword - probably not. Got some decent 'tactical' fixed blades but otherwise it's fantasy.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-10-2023 at 10:54 AM.

I thought DtF was good post apocalyptic adventure until they started getting all mystical. I still read them all until the series wrapped up with the Next Korean War.
    I liked ISoT, too. Notice how it wound down when the story was being carried by the children, grandchildren, and indig adoptees instead of the Old Timers?

Peshwar Lancers is more fun if you have read Talbot Mundy's books, most of the characters are his, except Athelstan King was originally in the Khyber Rifles. I have not forgiven him for killing off Chulunder Ghose.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Name:  8FB4F805-43AB-410C-8BAE-785AD03EEB87.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  25.2 KB

Me and my grandson and my Cold Steel Grosse Messer, way too heavy for one handed use, so not a good choice in my opinion. I may pick up a 1917 Cutlass.

User Tag List