Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGW Sight Pro

Hammertime
    The sight Pro is the only way I was able to mess with PX4 sights. Literally nothing else worked.

It is big heavy and kind of overly awkward to work with though.

Site Supporter
    I habe one as well. Worth every penny.

Site Supporter
    I wanted to buy one of these due to the stellar function of the glock tool of theirs. However the high price and the inserts needed kept me from buying it. I ended up with the wheeler tool (got it from brownells with coupon codes for under $100). I have used it on sigs, xd, 1911, glocks and beretta. It works great and with its measurement bar it allow you to put the sight exactly back to return your zero.

Wheeler sight tool at Brownells

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Had one, sold it, because it was too big, heavy, complicated. Fast forward about 6 months, and I now own another. It's still big and heavy and complicated, but it works like nothing else.

If you ONLY own Glocks, the smaller MGW Glock rear sight pushers will probably do what you need. If you own anything (or everything) else, this really can't be beat.
    Yep! I have MGW Glock and SIG tools. Together they were close in price to the Pro. Now that I’ve added Berettas to the safe and likely Walthers soon, it was the cheapest option.

My eyes are to the point that I need to change factory sights to HD/Ameriglo or fiber to be able to see them.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-02-2018 at 07:27 PM.

MGW Sight Pro: best tool purchase I’ve made. It works well on CZ inverted rails too.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Surfing along and came upon this thread, thought I'd see if there was anyone else watching. I've also recently picked up one of these tools, and am just starting to explore its usage...I'm from the Buy Once - Cry Once fan club, so big yes, but bulky is tolerable....very adaptable tool, none other quite like it that I've handled.......

at the moment, I'm doing an old XD - Tactical with manual hammer safety , and its a little torque - ee , enough to raise the question of how much is too much torque on the pusher screw????? done everything from pre-soak with penetrating oil et al... up to pushing on both sides to free up movement.... I'm also removing to the slides right side as viewed from the rear sight thru the front sight....

Anyone still watching the sight pusher activity?

MK

Springfield XDs are known for sights being very hard to remove

I’ve heard others say a vice, brass punch, and a big hammer was the only way to budge those.

Ymmv.

I do not have any experience with the pushers, but I would not risk ruining your tool removing XD sights!! [emoji16]

My challenge was always clamping the slide in the vice in a manner that was tight enough but wouldn't bend it, then I would use a steel rod and a little handheld three pound sledge hammer. I could be FoS but I don't think you could get XD sights out in a reusable state.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-19-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I do not have any experience with the pushers, but I would not risk ruining your tool removing XD sights!! [emoji16]

My challenge was always clamping the slide in the vice in a manner that was tight enough but wouldn't bend it, then I would use a steel rod and a little handheld three pound sledge hammer. I could be FoS but I don't think you could get XD sights out in a reusable state.
    If that is what is required, can you get a new sight in without ruining it, particularly if it has tritium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

One could stone a replacement sight to fit good and snug without requiring industrial machinery to install it.

Getting old sights out is the challenge for me. With the replacements, I take my time and fit them to the dovetails.

So far, I’m batting .1000 and damage free. I haven’t attempted a XD but have drifted and corrected a front sight. Hammer and punch.

User Tag List