Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This needs to be tested at Puck U

Site Supporter

This needs to be tested at Puck U

First, I got Puck U from the talk show guys at 550 AM in San Antonio.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Wh...mpaignId=10312

I propose that in a large lecture classroom and a small one, a Red Suited shooter with a Sims gun attack the class which has hockey pucks. I propose pocket carry for the pucks. Rules would be that if you are hit with the Sims round (protective head gear of course for the 'students') you are out. A protected referee will film the hits on the shooter and call it if enough pucks impact.

The large lecture room should have significant distance between students and attacker with perhaps 50 students. The small one, close in class with maybe 15 to 20 kids.

I am an experimentalist.

What the actual puck.

I like your idea though. I think I would like to take it a step further and test it against an active machete attack. Just for science of course.

There’s only two kinds of people in the world: those that have tried FoF exercises, and those that haven’t.

Well, not really, but I’m sure you get my point.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    A few years, we did a little test. Had a guy sitting behind a table with junk lap top. Next to him we had a shooter faciing an IDPA target. At the beep, the laptap guy had to close the laptop and throw it at a target. The gun guy drew and shot. IIRC, the shooter got of 4 to 6 shots before the laptop guy threw the computer. The range you could throw the laptop was not that far, so in a large classroom, forget it. You would just bean someone in front of you.

In that smaller room of 15 or 20, have all rush the shooter immediately for the tackle. My guess is fewer would get hit than many would expect, and the shooter would end up tackled very quickly.

The good idea fairy strikes again.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The good idea fairy strikes again.

Maybe they should throw teeth...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Better to have a Puck and not need it than need a Puck and not have it!

If the alternative is to hide in a corner and hope you don't die I suppose this is at least sorta in the right direction.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The part that's really idiotic is that the classroom doors at Oakland University cannot be locked from the inside. They can only be locked from the outside using a key. Who thought that classroom doors that cannot be locked from the inside was a good idea? The Union paid $5000 for new locks and $2500 for pucks. I don't get why they didn't spend the entire $7500 on locks. However, they are using the pucks as advertising. On the puck is information to donate online for new locks.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List