Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kydex pistol magazine pouch for duty belt?

Kydex pistol magazine pouch for duty belt?

So my Zero9 triple mag pouch came in the mail today. It’s well made and sturdy. It covers the magazines well and I like the retention better so far. It feels a lot better then the pictured Safariland. It’s narrower too.

On my duty belt. The Zero9 radio pouch is on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 12-22-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    So my Zero9 triple mag pouch came in the mail today. It’s well made and sturdy. It covers the magazines well and I like the retention better so far. It feels a lot better then the pictured Safariland. It’s narrower too.

On my duty belt. The Zero9 radio pouch is on the right.

That looks great! I can never get the tension on the Safariland triple right. If you crank it down, the tension isn’t equal across the three mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    That looks great! I can never get the tension on the Safariland triple right. If you crank it down, the tension isn’t equal across the three mags.
    That’s the one thing l don’t like about the Safariland. I could never get the tension right.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

That’s the one thing l don’t like about the Safariland. I could never get the tension right.
    Same here.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Same here. I kept going back and forth between the triple and double. I liked carrying 3 spares but didn’t like the Inconsistant tension on the triple. The slim double I could get fine.

Now I have an Esstac Kywi on my vest that I really like, but it’s a double too.
    Last edited by Vista461; 12-26-2018 at 04:30 PM.

I’ve switched to two, Safariland doubles. Which isn’t much more space than a triple, with usable retention. Get a good run on with the triple, and you’ll lose a mag.

[QUOTE=Sherman A. House DDS;825766]I’ve switched to two, Safariland doubles. Which isn’t much more space than a triple, with usable retention. Get a good run on with the triple, and you’ll lose a mag.

Yep, and that's the reason I only use it on my class A leather duty rig. Well that and changing the magazine orientation from pretty much any other mag pouch in existence ain't good for muscle memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    I liked carrying 3 spares but didn’t like the Inconsistant tension on the triple. The slim double I could get fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Well that and changing the magazine orientation from pretty much any other mag pouch in existence ain't good for muscle memory.
    These are why I rigged up what I posted up-thread.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-27-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List