Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kydex pistol magazine pouch for duty belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    When in a crowd, and especially during a “demonstration,” people will snatch things from one’s duty belt. The lower the cut, the easier it is for anyone to grasp the magazine.
    It was always so fun to do that when playing the aggressor in mobile field force training! Thanks for bringing that up.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 12-02-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I wear pouches for everything aside from my Stinger, ASP and mags, covered. The Stinger is tough to get out unless you pull it straight up, and the ASP carrier has retention, but the mags obviously don’t. I use the the Safariland slimline open top carrier. It’s right to the left of my belt buckle, vertically. If someone grabs it, I’ll give their arm a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobuksonhwacha,
    Here is the listing for the 2.25 on Copquest.

https://www.copquest.com/safariland-...er_23-2282.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    Is that with modification only or is this product listing legit? https://www.opticsplanet.com/safaril...dex-cdbdf.html
    That seems correct. The -2 on the end gets you the version for duty belts. There's on old thread on PF that discusses this.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I wear pouches for everything aside from my Stinger, ASP and mags, covered. The Stinger is tough to get out unless you pull it straight up, and the ASP carrier has retention, but the mags obviously don’t. I use the the Safariland slimline open top carrier. It’s right to the left of my belt buckle, vertically. If someone grabs it, I’ll give their arm a ride.

My duty belt really only has two spare magazines, a TQ, and a rifle mag on it. I keep my radio and other stuff up on my vest when I need to wear it these days. I read an article about how a heavy loaded duty belt is super bad for your back, so I am trying to get away from that.

If your policy allows, I really like this pouch. Speed of kydex, but the silence/appearance/abrasion of nylon.

https://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Triple...-p/ess.544.htm

I also like the Safariland listed, or the Slimline triple, but I don’t have room up front for that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    My duty belt really only has two spare magazines, a TQ, and a rifle mag on it. I keep my radio and other stuff up on my vest when I need to wear it these days. I read an article about how a heavy loaded duty belt is super bad for your back, so I am trying to get away from that.
    I need to get a different outer carrier to allow me to do all of that too. I’m going to get a custom one like the kind from Patroltac Solutions or Richard Cowell Tactical. Speedy, but I’d like to get all my gear, save for the gun and pistol mags, off my belt.

FYI: Putting pistol mag pouches on an external carrier can make for an awkward and slow mag change.

The Safariland 079 looks like it might work and it’s reasonably priced. It also comes in flat dark earth which will match my turnout gear(heaven forbid you wear OD or ranger green with flat dark earth...it’s just not tactically fashionable).

I’ve googled till my fingers are numb and no one makes anything low-cut and in kydex that’s slick/low profile. Everything I’ve found has the big ass tec-lock back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    If your policy allows, I really like this pouch. Speed of kydex, but the silence/appearance/abrasion of nylon.

https://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Triple...-p/ess.544.htm

I also like the Safariland listed, or the Slimline triple, but I don’t have room up front for that anymore.
    My 2mag version just came today and I put it on my vest. Love it so far

Ready Tactical makes low cut kydex, duty mag pouches. They’re old school but very functional.

User Tag List