Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bump stock Bye Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    May I ask where you are quoting that from? It explains Net Neutrality to me for the first time in a way I understand.

Good, isn’t it? A network guy on another forum.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

"Does no one honor trademarks anymore? Where is my attorney?"

On topic: Never owned a bump stock, never intended to...but surely no one is surprised by this.

It's all well and good to draw a hard line and promise to die supporting it, but as others have mentioned, is this the hill we want to die on? Perhaps better to win the war and concede a battle here and there. Each side has its merits.
    Any infringement is an infringement.

Every single time we have conceded THEY gain precious ground. Period.

Bump stocks are... not for me.

Next time there will be a gang using Glocks. Are we to to assume “the retreat” position on them?

It never stops, you know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

The NRA must've timed their email inviting me to bump my life membership to "endowment" to coincide with the news. Those sneaky devils...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So, are the Feds going to pay full retail price for each one? If not, there could be a 5th Amendment issue.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So, are the Feds going to pay full retail price for each one? If not, there could be a 5th Amendment issue.
    All current signs point to no - destroy or turn in without compensation. A lovely precedent to set for future 'bans'. Hopefully the sanctimonious types that didn't want to defend bumpstocks because they expected a reasonable outcome will now change their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That was my exact thought. How can they deprive someone of their legally purchased property without compensation? In state level bans, they have the excuse that it can be sold out of state, but if this is across the board, I would be very interested in the outcome of any legal action. I could care less about bump stocks but the principle of what they are doing concerns me greatly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Bump stocks are idiotic but this incident shows that:

1. Bans can be instituted because of perceived danger without legislation. If the Las Vegas guy had used 30 round mags and killed because a smaller number but still a large one, Donald might have banned them under some made up pretext.

2. The idea of the danger of the AR platform is the mantra being used for the state bans. The lower courts don't seem them useful in self-defense for the average home owner.

3. The next monstrous occurrence could easily lead to more state and perhaps federal action against the guns and that would be just fine with Donald, depending on the random firings of his brain.

4. Will SCOTUS overturn this, would they even take the case? Hofman in his latest SWAT column points out how Kavanaugh and common usage is a real problem.

5. Time to take of the blinders off at NRA HQ and stop the obsequious praise of Donald and put real electoral pressure on the GOP to come across, or perhaps they can just not count of support for talk but no action. Various other groups are calling politicians on their BS rhetoric but do nothing performance. The Bump stock ban, failure of the HPA to get to the floor (Tax Cut Ryan couldn't wait to sink it) and lack of other legislative actions suggest that current real action (as compared to fund raising strategies) are ineffective.

Speeches at the convention and editorials of praise don't substitute for real progress. Pledging defense is just a way to see things nibbled away.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The NRA must've timed their email inviting me to bump my life membership to "endowment" to coincide with the news. Those sneaky devils...
    Yeah, I got one of those emails today, as well.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Didn't you get the Wine Club e-mail last week?

User Tag List