Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Complete Factory Rifle for 750 USD

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I like the idea of a Geissele factory rifle but in all honesty I'd be pretty pissed to open the box and find an ALG rail, but that's what helps get them to price point.

I think I'd rather still start with a Colt OEM rifle and build to my spec.
    They are all produced in the same facility on the same machines. There is zero difference in reliability between ALG and Geissele rails.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They are all produced in the same facility on the same machines. There is zero difference in reliability between ALG and Geissele rails.
    Not questioning that one bit. Just trying to make the point that if I was to purchase a Geissele complete rifle, I would expect a Geissele trigger and a Geissele Super Modular Rail.

This is a great rifle for agency purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Not questioning that one bit. Just trying to make the point that if I was to purchase a Geissele complete rifle, I would expect a Geissele trigger and a Geissele Super Modular Rail.

This is a great rifle for agency purchase.
    Meh. I’ve seen rifles approved for individual purchase and duty use that are bad to mediocre. The rifle is good to go and I’d be thrilled to be able to use it at work. For $750 I’d write him a check right now. And it’s not like they are running a bait and switch. Anyone who buys one knows what it comes with before hand. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the future reveals more options with more expensive parts.

A little over a year ago, several of us purchased Colt 6920 Troopers for about $700 online. There’s a large thread on the gun. It was a mil-spec quality gun that came from the factory with a free float Centurion Arms MLok rail. At the time the only better AR deal I had ever heard of was a guy on arfcom posting a receipt showing he bought a 6920 for $500 immediately after whichever mass shooting it was the prompted Walmart to liquidate their inventory of EBRs and no longer stock them. This gun comes with the arguably better ALG rail, intermediate gas system, ambi safety and charging handle, ALG ACT trigger, Geissele buffer system, a stock that’s likely better than a USGI carbine stock and a set of iron sights for only $50 more than my “almost the best deal I’ve ever seen” rifle.

Knowing the quality of Bill Geissele’s other products, this will be the hands down, no doubt about it, best buy in general service patrol rifles for any agency or individual non-SWAT LEO. If you’re ordering guns for a SWAT team that relies heavily on IR lasers and NODS for their mission set, it would probably be a good idea to spend a little extra and get a Geissele rail for its IR laser benefits. Otherwise, this thing will be good to go out of the box and likely hold its own with any factory gun from Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, Sionics or SOLGW at a price point none of those brands sell a similar configuration for (the $700 Colt Troopers last year were a market aberration likely stemming from the industry gambling on a 2016 Clinton victory). Yes, this gun is not the “perfect” gun for the hobbyist/enthusiast. Those people are probably not the target audience.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    $750 is for the base gun. You're going to be able to spec the gun with various options to get what you want. Sounds like a pretty solid move on Geissele's part. The materials and processes are excellent, which makes the price even better.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Here is the 750 USD LE only version: https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-16-black.html

Here is the civilian side of things, with the customization: https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-rifles.html
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    They look awesome. I can’t wait to get one

I have no need for the "civilian" version, but I may buy one as I really like the special pricing for LE. Geissele is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have no need for the "civilian" version, but I may buy one as I really like the special pricing for LE. Geissele is a class act.
    I don't need a Geissele factory SBR either, but I bet I end up with one.

The SSA-X trigger used on some of their rifles is sweet. I like the trigger bow. It's more gently curved than a standard trigger bow, smooth, wide and comfortable. To me, it feels better than the flat bow. Too bad the SSA-X isn't available separately.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List