Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Geissele Complete Factory Rifle for 750 USD

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thanks, @Motor51.

I was talking about the Super Duty Pistol, vs the LE Pistol. If I can order the SD Pistol with the discount I mentioned, it would be less expensive than the LE Pistol, but have more good stuff. And the coupon code they gave me doesn’t apply to the LE items (believe me, I tried!)
    So, since my discount is good through August, I’ve got time to wait for the SD to become available again.

I’m particularly curious about how “blasty” the pistols are with that 10.3” barrel. I’ve been next to more than one SBR at my indoor range, and it was very unpleasant. And I’ve seen plenty of discussion on int in the PDW thread.
    My fault. I missed the SD part in your first post. If you can get the SD for the same price or cheaper then that would def be worth it. I will give a range report once all this COVID stuff slacks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I added a Surefire 3P flash hider and Magpul K2 grip.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  geissele.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  101.2 KB

A couple of weeks ago I saw on the book of faces that Geissele had a run of "blemished" guns. $850, or essentially Colt 6920 money for a complete Geissele gun in their gold/FDE color. (To be honest, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's mainly gold in color. Which is cool.) The "Blumia" results from assembling parts with cosmetic defects into a complete rifle. When I got the gun in I gave it a careful look over to see where the blemishes are. The upper, lower, rail, and barrel all have very, very small cosmetic defects. The kind of cosmetic defects other manufacturers wouldn't reject a part for. The most obvious is on the barrel, which is mostly hidden by the rail anyway.

The barrel isn't what I would prefer, necessarily. It's their 1:7 nitrided barrel but it's a heavy profile making the rifle a bit heavier than I'd like. Preliminary results shooting good ammo (75 grain TAP, for instance) indicate that while the barrel is heavy it might be legitimately an MOA or better setup. Have to break it in first and feed it at least 60 or so rounds of good ammo to see what she can really do. With less than 2 magazines of ammo through it the results at 300 yards were impressive.

When you factor in that it came with one of their trigger setups (that I believe they reserve exclusively for their rifles), this gun was a screaming deal.

It's not money I wanted to spend, necessarily, but any reservations I had evaporated when I got it out of the box. It's an extremely nice rifle. Based on what I've seen I would tell folks not to hesitate on buying one if it's something they've been eyeing.
    3/15/2016

Geissele Complete Factory Rifle for 750 USD

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Name:  geissele.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  101.2 KB

A couple of weeks ago I saw on the book of faces that Geissele had a run of "blemished" guns. $850, or essentially Colt 6920 money for a complete Geissele gun in their gold/FDE color. (To be honest, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's mainly gold in color. Which is cool.) The "Blumia" results from assembling parts with cosmetic defects into a complete rifle. When I got the gun in I gave it a careful look over to see where the blemishes are. The upper, lower, rail, and barrel all have very, very small cosmetic defects. The kind of cosmetic defects other manufacturers wouldn't reject a part for. The most obvious is on the barrel, which is mostly hidden by the rail anyway.

The barrel isn't what I would prefer, necessarily. It's their 1:7 nitrided barrel but it's a heavy profile making the rifle a bit heavier than I'd like. Preliminary results shooting good ammo (75 grain TAP, for instance) indicate that while the barrel is heavy it might be legitimately an MOA or better setup. Have to break it in first and feed it at least 60 or so rounds of good ammo to see what she can really do. With less than 2 magazines of ammo through it the results at 300 yards were impressive.

When you factor in that it came with one of their trigger setups (that I believe they reserve exclusively for their rifles), this gun was a screaming deal.

It's not money I wanted to spend, necessarily, but any reservations I had evaporated when I got it out of the box. It's an extremely nice rifle. Based on what I've seen I would tell folks not to hesitate on buying one if it's something they've been eyeing.
    I’m jealous. I had one of the blemula rifles in my cart and my phone kicked me off for some reason. They sold out in seconds. Is it stamped with the blemula?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor51 View Post
    I’m jealous. I had one of the blemula rifles in my cart and my phone kicked me off for some reason. They sold out in seconds. Is it stamped with the blemula?

It is.

Best I can tell is that it is a rifle constructed from parts they rejected during a production run. Each component has the stamp. Upper, lower, rail, and barrel.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List