Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Complete Factory Rifle for 750 USD

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm the kind of guy who never finds everything done perfectly (with the exception of H&K products so far),
    Since this thread got necro'ed, I might as well update. The wheels came off that when I started detail stripping the USPs. They seem to function reliably and be durable, but I now have a list of things to check before placing them in service. Just like with everything else.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    A friend snagged one of the LE models. I haven’t shot it but I’ve held it. It’s as magnificent as you’d expect from the genius that is Bill Geissele. It’s a steal at $750 and I’d carry one on duty if I could.
    Its seems like a nice rifle but the lack of sights now and the $90 shipping charge kinda kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Its seems like a nice rifle but the lack of sights now and the $90 shipping charge kinda kills it for me.
    Hmm. That’s interesting. His came with Geissele irons. Still, it’s an unbeatable deal IMO. I’m unaware of any other AR pattern rifle of that quality for that price. Besides optics are so reliable these days if I use BUIS I typically use the plastic MBUS.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Hmm. That’s interesting. His came with Geissele irons. Still, it’s an unbeatable deal IMO. I’m unaware of any other AR pattern rifle of that quality for that price. Besides optics are so reliable these days if I use BUIS I typically use the plastic MBUS.
    They initially offered it with sights and then stopped. Your friend received one of the earlier models.
    Last edited by andre3k; 10-19-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mine came with irons just a few months ago and I don’t think the shipping was $90.... haven’t put enough rounds down range for a full review, but so far, I’m a fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been impressed with my SDLE thus far. Mine came with a Magpul CTR stock and the only additions I have made are an Aimpoint PRO and a Surefire M600DF. I will likely change out the GI trigger guard and A2 grip for Magpul MOE parts I have lying around. The A2's finger stud does not work with my little girl hands and an extended trigger guard is conducive to gloved use during the winters in my area.

There have been some changes to the SDLE since they first came out. They were initially offered with the Magpul CTR stock as mine came stock. There were also a few configuration options the officer could make when ordering, at least when I ordered mine.

Rails: ALG EMR V2 (standard), ALG EMR V3, Geissele MK16 (upcharge)
    Triggers: ALG ACT (standard), Geissele SSA (upcharge)
    Sights: Geissele Fixed or Folding

It appears Geissele has stopped allowing configurations, likely to cut lead times, and has standardized to the ALG ACT trigger, ALG EMR V3 rail, B5 SOPMOD stock, A2 grip, and no sights.

I get some of the complaints about the ALG trigger and rail on a Geissele rifle. Would I have preferred an SDLE rifle with a G trigger and rail for $750? Absolutely! That would also be highway robbery and an unsustainable business practice for Geissele. I think the ACT trigger and EMR rail help fulfill the intended purpose of this rifle at an attainable price point and I have no issue using either. I like the SDLE for what it is, a duty carbine meant to be treated as such. I think the $750 was a great price, granted mine came with the folding sights.

I qualified with my SDLE during our fall range session and will be using it on duty once the paperwork clears command. I currently use a personal BCM 11.5" KMR on duty. I like the size but want to change things up a bit and truly run the SDLE through the gamuts and abuses of patrol. I plan to use it exclusively next year at work, instructing, and training.

This is my first experience with an extended intermediate length gas system. All of my ARs are 16" and 11.5" carbine-length gas systems. It is by far the smoothest and softest shooting AR I own and balances much better than our department Colt 6940s.

I have not had a chance to really test mine for accuracy yet. I sighted the Aimpoint PRO in at 100 yards prior to qualification using our duty ammo, Federal Tactical TRU 55gr Sierra GameKing. When time permits, I will throw my authorized Trijicon AccuPower 1-4 on it and see what it is capable of doing within the department's parameters.

Overall, I am impressed with the SDLE. I think it is probably one of the better options on the market right now for a patrol rifle.

Site Supporter
    With no sights and $90 shipping, is this still a top notch deal?

How hard would it be to remove the blue line on the rifle? I like boring black guns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    With no sights and $90 shipping, is this still a top notch deal?

How hard would it be to remove the blue line on the rifle? I like boring black guns.
    It sucks that they stopped including the iron sights with the rifles but it looks like the days of $700 6920s are over. If you can find a discounted OEM model for under $900, it still won’t have any furniture. I’d say these are still a very good deal based on the current market prices. No idea on the blue line thing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Hey new here i just actually got one of these superduty le. Just fyi the barrels are chromelined and it comes currently with the b5 sopmod

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineberean View Post
    Hey new here i just actually got one of these superduty le. Just fyi the barrels are chromelined and it comes currently with the b5 sopmod
    Was the shipping $90 and did it come with iron sights?

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

User Tag List