Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Why is the DOJ Protecting Jeff Epstein

And in related news: Epstein's guards acquitted.

While I am a professional storyteller, I don't typically have a conspiratorial bent. But fuck oh dear it is really hard not to spin some narratives about all this. For one thing I find it interesting to note that the Maxwell verdict and the case with the guards happened during the dead time between Christmas and New Years when everybody is getting drunk and distracted by their crazy relatives. By the time people start paying attention to the news again, it'll all be about the 1 year anniversary of 1/6/2020.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

He's correct, it's not really a matter of opinion, just a factual observation.

Even today, once you hit puberty you're fair game in the majority of the world....and even in developed countries where it might not be legal it's still not looked at the same way as going after pre-pubescent girls, and certainly not prosecuted with any vigor. We've created a superficial point in age based off a tragically broken school system maturation at which it is deemed culturally acceptable, which isn't really consistent with historic or scientific reasoning. If the idea is that a female at age 15 or 16 isn't emotionally/mentally developed enough for serious adult relationships and the responsibility such entails, well, we should probably move the age of consent to 25 since that's what the science regarding brain development supports. Or, just make it puberty, since that's what is biologically relevant.

Our society is kind of fucked up regarding anything touching sexuality....just look at the reaction to that French movie on Netflix a couple years ago. So, people tend to act all aghast and virtue signal when the topic is broached; but the raw truth is that if we legislated the age of consent to 14, most dudes slamming their fist of righteousness about these issues would be out the very next day trying to bang 14 and 15 year olds, and up until the mid-20th century that was not only legal but morally/ethically acceptable (with the caveat it was usually tied to marriage back then, as opposed to our sexually casual society today).
    You obviously haven't parented girls or you forgot to turn on your brain before posting. Some girls hit puberty as early as 10 - are you seriously advocating they are FAIR GAME?? (your words, not mine)

Our society is kind of fucked up regarding anything touching sexuality.
    Our society is fucked up regarding sexuality but you want to advocate adult men going after teenage girls because it scientifically and biologically makes sense to you?

most dudes slamming their fist of righteousness about these issues would be out the very next day trying to bang 14 and 15 year olds
    If you think that you need help.

re: dad-daughter date

I don't like the language either but it is simply spending time with your kids. Don't make it fucked up and sexual - its not meant to be. And it is actually the women who like using the "date" language - I don't because of the associations you bring up. But here's the thing, I guess some women don't associate a date with sexual activity like some men do and thus don't see the problem with the term.

Some of you ought to think a bit more clearly before posting because you are using the same arguments I hear pedophiles make.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    You obviously haven't parented girls or you forgot to turn on your brain before posting. Some girls hit puberty as early as 10 - are you seriously advocating they are FAIR GAME?? (your words, not mine)
    I didn't read that post as advocacy, just acknowledging where the world was (and is).

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Just because it was deemed acceptable then doesn't mean it's unreasonable to say it's not anymore.
    Correct, the thing is I've yet to hear anyone actually put together a coherent explanation on "why" other than having a meltdown into retarded screeching and accusing people of being child rapists, because reasons.

Or, the argument usually comes from religious organizations that are themselves involved in sex trafficking of pre-pubescent minors at an institutional level, in which case my brain switches off pretty quick as it's really just a way to get people all pitch-forkey at someone else to distract from their own systemic involvement in criminal activity.

FWIW, I'm talking about the actual concept, not the people you mostly see committing such modern day. In the latter, they're usually deviants in more ways than one, and their inability to control their sexual attraction for a 16 year old is usually just a symptom to their greater inability to act within the boundaries of the law. Thus, we see these people and it's usually pretty easy to hate on them, and we associate them with the concept of teenage girls who've hit puberty.....but as for the actual concept of why a teenage girl who has hit puberty should be off limits, I've yet to hear anything substantive. Even so far in this thread, there's no reason given other than "because". To put that into context, I have a hard time seeing what happened between JRB's friends' parents as being objectively wrong in any way, regardless of when it happened, and certainly nowhere even near the same universe as someone going after a pre-pubescent girl.

And so it goes that we get into this dilemma where you have a group of people slamming their fists calling everyone sinners and child rapists that should burn in hell, and on the other end you've got an infiltration of people trying to normalize the sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. If there was a standard that was actually consistent outside of some made-up artificial time-stamp on someone's life, this would be a whole lot easier for society.

ETA: To wit, @FPS's post. That's the sort of emotional intelligence I'm referencing above.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I didn't read that post as advocacy, just acknowledging where the world was (and is).
    Exactly. For every dad on the internet that wants to accuse someone of being a pedo, there's 10x that many dads at sports games that are looking at their daughters' well-developed friends who've suddenly grown out into C cups and thinking the same thing....and call everyone else a pedo because they're insecure in their own thoughts and feelings.

But, hey, point that out and apparently I'm a pedo just for pointing that out. This is the sort of dysfunction surrounding sexual issues in America that I'm talking about, and why I like dating foreign women above the age of 30, as they're not the trainwrecks of sexual dysfunction and emotional intelligence that Americans are.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-30-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Under this admin? I suspect that there is an unofficial deal that if she stays quiet and takes her sentence, then she won't wind up mysteriously dead.
    OR the Big Guy will giver her a presidential pardon because she looks like the kind of gal that has great smelling hair.
    Just imagine the "He did what?" look on Dr. Jill's face when she walks back in the room and finds out.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post

Our society is fucked up regarding sexuality but you want to advocate adult men going after teenage girls because it scientifically and biologically makes sense to you?

If you think that you need help.

re: dad-daughter date

I don't like the language either but it is simply spending time with your kids. Don't make it fucked up and sexual - its not meant to be. And it is actually the women who like using the "date" language - I don't because of the associations you bring up. But here's the thing, I guess some women don't associate a date with sexual activity like some men do and thus don't see the problem with the term.

Some of you ought to think a bit more clearly before posting because you are using the same arguments I hear pedophiles make.
    I think that this incredibly consistent and repetitive knee-jerk ad hominem attack against those that are taking a more clinical and\or less emotional perspective directly correlates with how much such a poster doesn't actually know about the subject. I don't speak for them, but I imagine it makes it a less welcoming environment for those whom do actually have substantive professional contact with or investigative interests in the matter.

Arguably, a clinical perspective on it is essential to the investigation and prosecution of such crimes.

The "Cuties" discussion here was an amazing display of reflexive outrage without evidencing any individual thought nor confirmatory research on the parts of the most loudly typing.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Tinfoil hat moment: You know this push to normalize pedophilia with terms like "Minor Attracted Person"? I feel like that's an attempt at laying the groundwork for if the curtain ever does come down with these dirtbags throughout the organization, they can claim victimhood over being persecuted for their sexual preferences, how dare we shame them etc.
    "Sheep-Attracted Person". "Corpse-Attracted Person".

I understand that the heart wants what it wants, but part of adulting is to be in charge of such things. If not, there are prisons and nut barns, sometimes they are one and the same.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Correct, the thing is I've yet to hear anyone actually put together a coherent explanation on "why" other than having a meltdown into retarded screeching and accusing people of being child rapists, because reasons.

...but as for the actual concept of why a teenage girl who has hit puberty should be off limits, I've yet to hear anything substantive.

Even so far in this thread, there's no reason given other than "because". To put that into context, I have a hard time seeing what happened between JRB's friends' parents as being objectively wrong in any way, regardless of when it happened, and certainly nowhere even near the same universe as someone going after a pre-pubescent girl.
    I think that it is important to understand that although the talk primarily revolves around females, the age thing also applies to males. As far as substantive reasons, there have been several advanced, but you dismissed them as being inconsistent with brain development.

While in general it may be true our brains aren't fully developed until age twenty-fiver or so, that doesn't mean that our brains DON'T develop until we are twenty-five. If you've actually raised children I would guess that you wouldn't be making such broad statements. Talking puberty, twelve to sixteen-year-old kids can be a mess. They can make terribly harmful decisions for themselves and are more likely to be scarred by those decisions than older children.

Older adults, often seen as parental or authority figures are able to exploit them. Granted, all persons are susceptible to exploitation, but younger folks are more vulnerable.

Back in the day, children often didn't go to school until they were sixteen to eighteen. The more modern expectation is that children complete their educations through high school. Hard to do if you get knocked up or knock someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Exactly. For every dad on the internet that wants to accuse someone of being a pedo, there's 10x that many dads at sports games that are looking at their daughters' well-developed friends who've suddenly grown out into C cups and thinking the same thing....and call everyone else a pedo because they're insecure in their own thoughts and feelings.
    According to Merriam-Webster pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.

First of all, the girls blossoming into C cups are postpubescent, not prepubescent. Second there is a difference between noticing and fantasizing.

Sure, there are a lot of folks who practice projective behavior, but I think you may be throwing too wide a loop in this case.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

The age of the onset of puberty has dropped dramatically. The relationship between physical and emotional maturity has changed.
    ———-
    “The age of puberty, especially female puberty, has been decreasing in western cultures for decades now,” Chapa said. “For example, at the turn of the 20th century, the average age for an American girl to get her period was 16 or 17. Today, that number has decreased to 12 or 13 years.”

There is no definitive answer to why the age of puberty has dropped so dramatically, but there are theories, whether it’s the increased body mass index in children, nutritional factors or hormone influences in dietary intake.

https://vitalrecord.tamhsc.edu/decreasing-age-puberty/

————-
    Cases like the Epstein case involve coercion, deception, and enormous power differences. I’d argue that a teen’s “consent” in a situation like that is essentially impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    As far as substantive reasons, there have been several advanced, but you dismissed them
    I honestly didn't see any.....just "well we're better than the past". Nothing really substantive about why the past was necessarily wrong. If I missed it, I apologize.

According to Merriam-Webster pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child.
    In common usage, people will refer to anyone going after a child of any age as a pedo, regardless of the textbook definition. Specific to this thread, the discussion is based off the sexual exploitation of girls between 14 and 18, and nobody bothered to make the distinction.

Thus, I was using it in those terms.

First of all, the girls blossoming into C cups are postpubescent, not prepubescent.
    Name:  CaptObvious.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  23.6 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List