Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the DOJ Protecting Jeff Epstein

Site Supporter
    I don't understand why Big E would not haul ass to a country having no extradition treaty with the USA. At his age he is unlikely to agree to do hard time. He deserves being sent to Mississippi's Parchman or Louisiana's Angola. Have visited both places. Still have hebejeebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    They should. Barr's firm represented him.
    Uh Oh. Lots of skeletons in that closet.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    About the involvement, or the embarrassment becoming public?
    Probably both.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Deleted.

The article had more inuendo in the title than was supported by the content of the article.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 07-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    The opinions I express are my own and do not represent the view of any employer, present or future. I know nothing more than what I read in the papers to include a quick scan of the pending indictment and a review of the multipart Miami Herald article.

1. While I do not know this for sure, I strongly suspect that the SDFL non prosecution agreement contains language re non prosecution for events that took place in the SDFL ONLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I was under the impression that since he pleaded guilty to state crimes, double jeopardy doesn't apply with the federal charges.

I've charged a few people in federal court after the state DA's office messed up and let them plead to state charges. It's sort of a pain, because the USAO has to get permission from main justice, but it's worth it when there's been a "miscarriage of justice".
    Apparently, Acosta created an unusually vague NPA that is going to pose some problems. Writing in the National Review, Andrew McCarthy clarifies his double jeopardy concerns here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...eopardy-rules/

“the United States Attorney’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have conducted their own investigation into Epstein’s background and any offenses that may have been committed by Epstein against the United States from in or around 2001 through in or around 2007, including...knowingly, in and affecting interstate and foreign commerce, recruiting, enticing, and obtaining by any means a person, knowing that the person had not attained the age of 18 years and would be caused to engage in a commercial sex act . . . in violation of . . . Sections 1591(a)(1) and 2.”

Epstein’s lawyers are arguing that use of “United States” instead of SDFL makes the NPA global in its reach. There are other land mines for downstream prosecution within the NPA that are non-standard and make it seem like Acosta went out of his way to protect this asshole.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I don't understand why Big E would not haul ass to a country having no extradition treaty with the USA. At his age he is unlikely to agree to do hard time. He deserves being sent to Mississippi's Parchman or Louisiana's Angola. Have visited both places. Still have hebejeebies.
    If I had to guess, it would be he came back because he wanted to be locked up. By being locked up he's protected. I figure there's a few people outside of the U.S. that would'nt mind seeing him have an "accident", especially after the plea deal he tried to make, in which he'd name names in exchange for no more than 5 years in prison.. I think there's alot more going on here than any of us know, and God only knows how far up the foodchain it goes..

Site Supporter
    My experience is that unless he was removed from general population, he would not be protected. Prisons are shit holes. I don't see him choosing that route if he can avoid it. With his money he could survive in some other place. But I only surmise. Merely guessing.

My experience is that unless he was removed from general population, he would not be protected. Prisons are shit holes. I don't see him choosing that route if he can avoid it. With his money he could survive in some other place. But I only surmise. Merely guessing.

By protected, I ment from people on the outside who want him dead before he talks too much...(Remember it's very possible he has serious dirt on alot of very powerful people from all over, and not just the U.S. ) They can't get at him if he's sitting in a jail cell.. And if he does make a plea deal, you can bet he'll never be in general population..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    That went over my head. He probably has a tape of Batman doing Jimmy Olsen and Superman humping Lois Lane with Robin watching. I bet he does.

Morning news said he had a big pile of cash, diamonds, and a passport from another country with his photo and a fake name. His attorneys say he'd be willing to wear an ankle monitor thought, so it's all good.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List