Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Elite LTT or CZ Shadow 2 for carry and competition

Langdon Elite LTT or CZ Shadow 2 for carry and competition

Had a question I was hoping the board could help answer. I know there are numerous "what should I buy" threads, but figured 1 more wouldn't hurt

Im gearing up for 2019, and am wanting to shoot Limited (USPSA) from concealment part of the year with a carry gun. I also have determined that I much prefer DA/SA for gun games for various reasons, with one reason being dry fire. This brings me to my question - I've narrowed my choices to the Elite LTT or a CZ Shadow 2. I haven't fired or owned either, but obviously the Shadow 2 is incredibly common locally at matches and the LTT is obviously highly recommended here.

So, if you had to choose one for *both* carry and competition (or just performance, same thing), which would you choose? The LTT seems more carry friendly, but the Shadow 2 would probably do better in Limited due to SAO. Both seem to have plenty of aftermarket support. Size of each gun is a factor obviously for carry, but I carry a G17 every day without problem.

If this is a dumb thread, I apologize. Just figured I'd get tips from those who have experience with both guns before I make a decision. Mods, if this would better fit in another thread or is taking up space, feel free to delete . Thanks!

The Shadow 2 is pretty much a competition only gun as it was literally built for Production division and lacks a firing pin block. Great pistol from what I hear, but not something you’d want to actually carry.

That said, if you’re looking for a pistol to do BOTH, get an Elite LTT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite LTT hands down. I don't find the Shadow's safety to be in an ergonomic location and routinely manually lowering the hammer on a hot weapon outside of a range environment is inadvisable. Also no firing pin block. Ben Stoeger took Beretta Elite's to the highest levels of USPSA, so I highly doubt that you will be able to harvest any performance out of the Shadow that you couldn't also achieve with the pizza blaster. If you are particularly interested in SAO, I'd look at other options.
    Last edited by Matt O; 11-28-2018 at 03:19 PM.

I actually had almost the exact same thread a while back and went with the LTT Elite. The lack of a decocker and firing pin safety on the S2 (and the fact that it's as heavy as a brick) made it unviable in my eyes for carry.

What's more, the S2 is a HEAVY pistol.

I've handled the Shadow 2 and I like CZ's in general but as others have said, it's heavy.. I know my pants wouldn't stay up carrying it. I carry a Beretta 92 compact which despite it's short butt handles very well for me and shoots quite flat.

Thank you so much for the replies, guys! It looks like the LTT is the clear winner here lol. I'll definitely be picking one up this week. The weight is something I hadn't considered, as it would definitely be more difficult to carry all day. Any recommendations on aftermarket mags (with extra capacity) or anything else that any of you found worth adding to the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Thank you so much for the replies, guys! It looks like the LTT is the clear winner here lol. I'll definitely be picking one up this week. The weight is something I hadn't considered, as it would definitely be more difficult to carry all day. Any recommendations on aftermarket mags (with extra capacity) or anything else that any of you found worth adding to the gun?
    The Mec-Gar 18 round magazines are pretty much the go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime

For the Mags --- GunMag Warehouse ,com -- fantastic people

User Tag List