Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms 1-6 FFP vs EoTech Vudu for 14.5"

Gents I can't stress enough I'm not interested in the Vortex Razor or a SFP LPVO for a 6x. I know the market doesn't have many offerings but I'm not interested in a SFP.

Update

So I was able to handle the Eotech Vudu Mil SR-1 and the Mil NX8 side by side. So I figured since I'm having so much trouble I might as well go NX8, well.........nope. So I realized the NX8 was damn near useless for me at 7 and 8 power where it got blurry for me/my eye at particular ranges. The reticle doesn't really bother me, it's the glass maybe? Or the fixed parallax. Either way I was able to look down a highway with it not mounted and I noticed the clarity at range isn't there. I know even with an adjustable parallax you'll have to fine tune it at range, but there's no such adjustment. I didn't find the problem to exist on 6x and below with the NX8. I liked the daylight bright, weight, signature, turrets were alright, the reticle was good for my rifle's intended purpose, and clarity at lower power. But again, useless above 6x to my eye.

The Eotech was a different story. Completely clear and much better light transmission. It is larger and the controls are not NF good, but I can live with them. I'm not super pumped about the reticle, but it's useable and I think t 1x it'll be solid. The weight is a difference of about 2oz which I can deal with. It's still lighter than a SFP Razor HD Gen II. Which they didn't have there like they usually do. SO I think at this point it's going to be the Vudu topping my URGI build.

Though I've heard rumblings of NF making a 6x possibly? Anyone hearing that?

Was the NX8 blurry even after playing around with the ocular adjustment? The ocular focuses the reticle, but I find it also plays a role in the quality of the downrange image as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Was the NX8 blurry even after playing around with the ocular adjustment? The ocular focuses the reticle, but I find it also plays a role in the quality of the downrange image as well.
    I only had about 2 mins with it as just the scope and about 1 min with it on someone's rifle I have to admit I didn't play with the ocular adjustment. It was strange to me that it was clear at lower power then got blurry. I also didn't see a clear ring like I have on other scops and LPVOs. I also didn't have that issue with the EoTech.

I also wanted to like the NX8, it's the only optic I keep picking up when I go to my LGS. I look at it every singe time to see if there's something I missed or maybe I had some caca in my eye or my glasses were dirty or something. But I always leave disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I look at it every singe time to see if there's something I missed or maybe I had some caca in my eye or my glasses were dirty or something.
    Try adjusting the ocular and using the scope without wearing your glasses. For my vision, that works tremendously better.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Try adjusting the ocular and using the scope without wearing your glasses. For my vision, that works tremendously better.
    I'm not saying that's bad advice, but I'm hilariously near sighted. It's not really an option for me.

I'm not saying that's bad advice, but I'm hilariously near sighted. It's not really an option for me.
    So am I. Have you tried it?

For me, I can get both the reticle and target significantly sharper without my corrective lenses. Plus, no glasses to get slimed up with sweat, smudges, etc.

If it works as well for you as it does for me, you can consider getting a set of prescription shooting glasses made with no correction on the one side.

So I've decided on an optic. I think the Leupold MK 6 CMR-W 5.56 is the ticket. I haven't looked at a CMR-W reticle equipped MK6 only the TMR-D. I will say I like the weight, glass and turrets. I think with the CMR-W will give me exactly what I'm looking for and will be light. It's not cheap however, but I heave Leupold does military discounts so we'll see.

Anyone have any mileage with the MK6 and the CMR-W? I know a few other guys commented previously recommending the MK6.

So I've decided on an optic. I think the Leupold MK 6 CMR-W 5.56 is the ticket. I haven't looked at a CMR-W reticle equipped MK6 only the TMR-D. I will say I like the weight, glass and turrets. I think with the CMR-W will give me exactly what I'm looking for and will be light. It's not cheap however, but I heave Leupold does military discounts so we'll see.

Anyone have any mileage with the MK6 and the CMR-W? I know a few other guys commented previously recommending the MK6.
    If I were spending Mk6 money I'd have a hard time not getting an ATACR 1-8. Highly recommend you try one out. Nothing like the NX8.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    If I were spending Mk6 money I'd have a hard time not getting an ATACR 1-8. Highly recommend you try one out. Nothing like the NX8.
    I did check out the ATACR, and while 2K is a lot to spend, I think military pricing drops it down to about $1500.... That said I've checked out the ATACR in person and watched garandthumb's video. I think it's going to make it on a second HK MR762 I plan to toy around with a lighter setup than my current DMR rig. I really like the ATACR and that actually inspired me to run the Leupold MK6 honestly. The reticles are similar but we'll see how everything shakes out. I don't want to run a 1-8 on everything and the MK6 is 17oz.

User Tag List