Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford fakes V8 engine noise on their Ecoboost engines

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You, like me, need a Porsche Cayman GT4 and/or a Porsche 911 GT3 Manual Trans.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what you need, but based on where he lives and what he does, I was thinking Revolver Rob probably would be best served by Uber.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    And I want to thank you for that. Most will not appreciate what a select few were able to accomplish. I love the new GT's looks, but no V-8 and no manual transmission.

And of course, no V-8 sound.
    I worked on the V8 version. I WISH I were able to have provided input on the current one. One of my best friends led the Track Pack software development on the current car.

I understand the turbos. And the transmission choice for what is essentially a RACE CAR with plates.

I’d prefer the older variant without a supercharger. [emoji41]

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Not on the pickups, unless that changed for 2018. Pickups, vans, and SUVs aren't subject to gas guzzler tax. Also not on V8 Mustangs, although perhaps ironically the V6 in the Ford GT is subject to it.
    The Mustang GT escapes the gas guzzler tax, but the GT 350 is subject to the tax. 2017 GT Premium owner here. The car is fast enough and nimble enough for a skilled driver to enjoy it.

On the engine noise, this may be heresy, but I would prefer dead silence. I used to drive a lot more than most people (some years I racked up 100K miles behind the wheel at Ford's Michigan Proving Ground in Romeo) and audio-induced fatigue is a real thing. That averaged out to a bit under 400 miles per workday, not including my actual commute. Audio noise is the reason the Mustang is a weekend driver for me. It is my wife's primary, but she seldom drives much more than fifty miles per day. My primary is a 2014 Fusion with the normally-aspirated 2.5L four-cylinder. Not a fast car but a quiet one that sips fuel as long as I keep my foot out of the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My primary is a 2014 Fusion with the normally-aspirated 2.5L four-cylinder. Not a fast car but a quiet one that sips fuel as long as I keep my foot out of the pedal.
    At Raptor school, our lead instructor commented that a guy’s right foot is the second most likely part of his anatomy to get him in trouble.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    The digital servants like Siri and Alexa have a sexual response noise option that a spouse can put by the bed, when the spouse isn't interested in catering to your ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Sounds like you are describing my 600 HP, 2430 lb., 427 Shelby Cobra replica. I'm now in the process of doing some more modifications to it. If you are ever in Las Vegas, you need to look me up.

Me at turn 4 at Willow Springs International Raceway.

Attachment 32759
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I had almost replied that the car Rob wants is probably available from Factory Five. Then I spent some time on the www site, and I started wondering since the Raptor will go ~13.8, and there should be plenty of cheap 3.5 donor drivetrains out there, would there be enough room for an intercooler...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You, like me, need a Porsche Cayman GT4 and/or a Porsche 911 GT3 Manual Trans.
    My next purchased vehicle will be a 911 in some flavor (likely an air-cooled car).

When I finish the money pit my plan is to build another money pit.

I have a third money pit too ('63 Mercury Comet that has been small block swapped, five speed equipped, GT350R ('65-spec) suspension, 9" from under a '59 Ford station wagon). That particular car has been in mothballs since I blew a hole in the side of the block at Hallett back in 2005'ish. I went off to college after that and things kind of spiraled...out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure what you need, but based on where he lives and what he does, I was thinking Revolver Rob probably would be best served by Uber.
    Not too far off base. A 2011 Mazda 2 Sport with a stick and three way adjustable suspension (bound, rebound, and ride height). I keep it at near stock ride height and the suspension pretty soft in the city, because most Chicago roads look like an aging tarmac rally course. When we take a road trip, I'll drop the car about a half inch and firm up the suspension, takes the mushiness out of it on the highway and lets me cruise for 12+ hours at 80+ without too much fatigue. I thought about getting a Fiesta or Focus ST or a Mini Cooper S, but I didn't really want to futz with two sets of wheels and tires (plus I don't have the place to store them).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As an extremely satisfied 2018 Ford Raptor and Focus RS owner, I love what Ford is doing now.
    Yeah, the EcoBoost engines are actually pretty badass. I have an '11 Taurus SHO. With nothing but a custom 93-octane tune, it runs mid 12's in the quarter mile.

My best friend is a huge Ford guy. If he buys a new one with this 'feature' it's gonna get hacked so under "heavy acceleration" he gets Fran Drescher asking if he forgot the milk again.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I haven't been much of a ford fan in the past but wife says I need to think about replacing my Silverado with something else with more back seat room. I can't stand front wheel drive so I'm waiting to see what the new Bronco will be like (Chevy is putting the blazer name on a CUV) fake engine noise or not.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    That new Flamer, I mean Blazer, is a disgrace to the name. It's an Equinox with a cooler name. And that'll help it sell, I can't hate GM for being smart. And it's probably as good as any other US sort-of-SUV. But damn, that's not a Blazer.

(I mean the badass full size Blazers, the late 90's/00's Blazers weren't exactly scaring hippies either.)
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 11-27-2018 at 04:50 PM.

User Tag List