Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ford fakes V8 engine noise on their Ecoboost engines

Ford fakes V8 engine noise on their Ecoboost engines

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Both the 458 and the Aventador had a sneaky setting that would pipe engine noise back into the cabin through the speakers.

So does the new M3 and M5 from BMW. All the cool kids are doing it.
    I know BMW have gone down that road (lots of turbo engines) I would not be surprised if the new turbo cars (Ferrari 488, Porsche 911 Turbo and Carrera S Models) would do that to good effect.

I was not aware of the 458 doing this - or the Aventador (both being naturally aspirated) as they do not need it.

One company - I forget whom had the intake resting on the firewall to provide additional vibroacoustic energy in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-29-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I hate this thread. Because it sent me to the Factory Five Racing website. At which point, I discovered they have a new model, the '35 Hot Rod Truck - Like all the FFR models, it uses drivetrains derived from Mustangs. I happen to have a spare SBF and T5 lying around. I just need an 8.8 out from under an S197 and 25k to buy the kit...

I even spent a couple of hours last night thinking about how to gusset the chassis to add towing capacity and raise the bed about 2" to add utility depth to it.

Name:  CAM12407.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  A1-CAM22269.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I know BMW have gone down that road (lots of turbo engines) I would not be surprised if the new turbo cars (Ferrari 488, Porsche 911 Turbo and Carrera S Models) would do that to good effect.

I was not aware of the 458 doing this - or the Aventador (both being naturally aspirated) as they do not need it.

One company - I forget whom had the intake resting on the firewall to provide additional vibroacoustic energy in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My understanding was that the Ferrari and the Lambo just pipe genuine engine noise into the cabin for a better experience, which is different from BMW which amplifies and changes the noises piped into the cabin.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I hate this thread. Because it sent me to the Factory Five Racing website. At which point, I discovered they have a new model, the '35 Hot Rod Truck - Like all the FFR models, it uses drivetrains derived from Mustangs. I happen to have a spare SBF and T5 lying around. I just need an 8.8 out from under an S197 and 25k to buy the kit...

I even spent a couple of hours last night thinking about how to gusset the chassis to add towing capacity and raise the bed about 2" to add utility depth to it.

Name:  CAM12407.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  A1-CAM22269.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  52.3 KB
    .... that's pretty cool.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

Go for it! Great support from the Factory Five forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Go for it! Great support from the Factory Five forums.
    It'll have to wait until I move someplace with an actual garage. Little hard to build an FFR kit in the dining room of my 5th floor apartment in Chicago. I mean...I could, but how will I get it out?

It'll have to wait until I move someplace with an actual garage. Little hard to build an FFR kit in the dining room of my 5th floor apartment in Chicago. I mean...I could, but how will I get it out?
    Same way you got it in, piece by piece. Each time you do it you'll get faster.

One piece at a time...
    #RESIST

Kinda like a Cash song I've heard.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    One piece at a time...
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Good thread.

As a '14 Cayman 981S owner, I find it vaguely satisfying that sales of the new 4-cyl turbo 718 are poor relative to the '14-'16 flat six models:

http://www.thedrive.com/flat-six-soc...ecord-for-2017

"The 718 and the Cayenne, however, took a bit of a hit. The Boxster/Cayman sold over 1,000 fewer units in 2017 versus 2016 and the Cayenne saw a decrease of over 2,000 units. The slower sales for the Cayenne could be credited to anticipation for the new model coming out this year, but it’s hard to explain the slump of the Boxster and Cayman which are supposed to be the brand’s more affordable, entry-level sports cars."

As a flat-six purist, I can tell the author of this piece it is due to the engine sound of the 718. IMHO, Porsche screwed up big time by going away from the signature flat six.

On Porsche boards and online reviews, one of the most frequently mentioned criticisms of the 718 Boxter/Cayman is the turbo 4 pot...and the enhanced chassis dynamics, low-rev torque and refined interior get hardly a mention it seems.

User Tag List