Thread: Chrono Data for Blazer Brass "Black Pack" 9x19 115 Grain FMJ

Site Supporter

Chrono Data for Blazer Brass "Black Pack" 9x19 115 Grain FMJ

Like a lot of folks here, I bought some of this for $90/500 rounds and the $20 rebate. I was curious about the velocity, so I brought some to the range to chronograph with some other stuff. Results for ten rounds at about ten feet from the muzzle using my Walther P99C were 1121 fps with an SD of 16. That's a PF of 128.9 from a 3.5" barrel, so if you wanted to use it at an IDPA/USPSA match, you'd probably be good. Extraction and ejection were satisfyingly vigorous. Just FYI.

Thanks as I picked up a couple of "Black Pack" boxes as well.

I ran 500 rounds of Blazer Brass through an RMR'd G 19 I borrowed (to see if I wanted to invest in the format...I did ) and those 500 round functioned perfectly.

I handload but $0.14/rd was simply too good to pass up.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone else shot this for accuracy ?

I shot some yesterday in a G17.4 and a 19x at 7 and 15 yards. Accuracy seemed ok.

Today I shot some at 50 yards from an RDS equipped SIG MPX brace pistol. The gun normally produces 2” to 3” groups at 50 with quality ammo including American Eagle, Speer Lawman, Gold Dot and Magtech FMJ.

With the Blazer black pack I was getting 6-8” groups at 50 from a rest. Went back to Speer Lawman 115 +P and the groups went back to the normal 2”. Swithched back to the black pack blazer 6-8”, back to lawman, 2”.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Has anyone else shot this for accuracy ?

I shot some yesterday in a G17.4 and a 19x at 7 and 15 yards. Accuracy seemed ok.

Today I shot some at 50 yards from an RDS equipped SIG MPX brace pistol. The gun normally produces 2” to 3” groups at 50 with quality ammo including American Eagle, Speer Lawman, Gold Dot and Magtech FMJ.

With the Blazer black pack I was getting 6-8” groups at 50 from a rest. Went back to Speer Lawman 115 +P and the groups went back to the normal 2”. Swithched back to the black pack blazer 6-8”, back to lawman, 2”.
    HCM... 2" groups at 50 yds, with "normal", cheap FMJ ammo?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    HCM... 2" groups at 50 yds, with "normal", cheap FMJ ammo?
    Yes. The Lawman 115+p is agencypractice ammo and is fairly accurate.

As I stated this is from an 8” “sig brace” MPX pistol with an RDS from a rest - basically a closed bolt carbine for all practical purposes so it not an unusual result. An MP5 will do the same with decent ammo.

It does about 3” or 3.5” at 50 with magtech 115 FMj which is also pretty decent ammo in my experience.

The blazer brass not so much.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-04-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Yes. The Lawman 115+p is agencypractice ammo and is fairly accurate.

As I stated this is from an 8” “sig brace” MPX pistol with an RDS from a rest - basically a closed bolt carbine for all practical purposes so it not an unusual result. An MP5 will do the same with decent ammo.

It does about 3” or 3.5” at 50 with magtech 115 FMj which is also pretty decent ammo in my experience.

The blazer brass not so much.
    I've shot real HK MP5s locally and they were very accurate, but never really tested from the bench for pure accuracy.

I thought a 2" @ 50 yds gun, even from a vice or a ransom rest with well fitted and adjusted inserts, was the realm of custom or extraordinay accuracte pistols and match ammo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I've shot real HK MP5s locally and they were very accurate, but never really tested from the bench for pure accuracy.

I thought a 2" @ 50 yds gun, even from a vice or a ransom rest with well fitted and adjusted inserts, was the realm of custom or extraordinay accuracte pistols and match ammo.
    In typical handgun with a browning lock up it would be.

In a fixed barrel carbine (or carbine like thing) like an MPX or an MP5 why would it be? Would you find an M4, HK93/33 or SIG MCX short barrel rifle that shot 2” at 50 (or 4 MOA) unusual ?

Shoot clean?

I picked up two boxes for my D/I .45 AR. UMC and WWB are just too dirty, it actually caused issues with function. Heard good reviews of Blazer, so figured to give it a shot.

In typical handgun with a browning lock up it would be.

In a fixed barrel carbine (or carbine like thing) like an MPX or an MP5 why would it be? Would you find an M4, HK93/33 or SIG MCX short barrel rifle that shot 2” at 50 (or 4 MOA) unusual ?
    My bad... I missed the part of "closed bolt short barrel rifle".

Site Supporter
    Shot some more of this Blazer brass this evening. Ran fine in my duty G17.4. No real accuracy feed back as we shot steel. Tried it in a friends Agency G17.3 with Comp and had several failures to feed. It was getting dark so we switched to another ammo type. Did not really have time to diagnose.

User Tag List