Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

My wife continues to love shooting a red dot and her movement is really coming along.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife continues to love shooting a red dot and her movement is really coming along.

You guys continue to motivate me to get better. Shooting on the move is an area that I’m trying to get better at for sure. I had a couple stages videotaped and that was an area I think I can get much better both in terms of speed and shooting on the move. That seems to be the big difference I see between me and high level shooters is how much more explosive speed they have and their ability to shoot while on the move.

Pretty evident by the video below. Good illustration that I need to get much better at shooting while on the move and get to spots quicker.

https://youtu.be/L4rDd5Tc0vE
    Last edited by Dismas316; 03-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Damn lefty... I hate RO'ing lefties.

Really solid shooting and moving.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Dang it. How much is a DP Pro and MOS Glock? (Goes shopping.)

Added: about $1000+holster. So, I’m gonna have to sell some stuff, or wait for my new job(s) to start this summer/fall timeframe.
    Last edited by Duelist; 03-17-2019 at 12:10 PM.

@GJM if she's shooting a Walther have you signed her up on the Walther facebook page for possible sponsorship?
    They were making a big push for female shooters at all levels a few months back.
    Basically you sent them a "resume" and a few match videos and they were handing out a ton of freebies to the women who participated.
    Might be worth digging into their facebook/instagram for.
    Last edited by JodyH; 03-17-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Agreed on the Walther thing. They are semi local to me. I know some ladies they have signed. Your wife would be a strong shooter for them....
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 03-17-2019 at 07:59 PM.

My wife has shot a Glock as primary for over twenty years, and I don’t see her switching in the next twenty!

Here is her match video from today.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

co witness of supressor front sight with red dot on RMR

I have a Glock 34 with the slide cut, and I have an RMR06 series 2 mounted on there.

I'm right about 2000 rounds through the combination and I have discovered that I need to re-zero the dot. I originally sighted it in at 10 yards and then checked it at 25 yards.

Monday I went to an RDS for LE class at the Vortex Academy and discovered that I was hitting high & left at 25 yards. (Most of our shooting was at 7 and 10 yards, but to begin with we did accuracy work at various distances on B-8 bullseye targets.)

The red dot might NOT be co-witnessed with the front sight after I verify zero -- is that a big deal? I'm not sure if it will be distracting to me or not because I'm getting used to focusing on the target rather than the front sight when using the RDS.

If the iron sights do not co witness with the red dot, they have a different zero.

My dot basically cowitnesses when I choose to sight with said irons. But if I'm just using the dot alone and not worrying about the irons I tend to center it in the window. Even when I present/draw that's how I wind up.

This works great for me and it parallels how my rifles are set up (lower 1/3).

Do most people shoot them with an absolute cowitnessas they're shooting?
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

User Tag List