Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

Charlie is now shooting almost all her one hand work on the move. She commented today that despite 1,500 rounds of one hand shooting through her practice gun without any cleaning, she hadn't had a single stoppage.

Some action from today.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

New camera position

Thoughts on the camera perspective?

I have some thoughts on how it could be useful to spot patterns by being able to review which holes appeared in which sequence.

Me thinks this thread needs a title change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Me thinks this thread needs a title change.
    Absolutely! It hasn’t really been about irons since page 1…

I think the benefits of a red dot over irons are pretty well fleshed out at this point.

Ironically, I’m finding some benefits of iron sight practice in long guns and handguns these days to improve my sight and head centering for when I do use dots.

Here is my wife's last magazine today, and her surgery is tomorrow. I think she is pretty tuned up strong hand only.

After she shoots in this vid, I stuck on a few arrays that I have been doing quite a bit lately -- multiple skunks at 15 yards and greater distances. Hard targets can be like stop signs at matches, and shooting lots of partials in practice gives me discipline and confidence shooting these.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my wife's last magazine today, and her surgery is tomorrow. I think she is pretty tuned up strong hand only.
    No doubt.

Just a thought until Charlie heals up-

My USPSA club has a member shooting production, who is missing an arm. He has a shelf rig on his belt that holds his mags bullets-up, in a plastic block with cavities milled in matching the mag bases, on the strong side, so he can reload one-handed, and a similar shelf device lets him reload mags himself on a bench. This isn't super complicated, I imagine you could build one with some scrap wood and a couple of Tek-loks- or some magnets.

Charlie had a successful surgery Wednesday, and shot for the first time post surgery today.

Glad Charlie's surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It certainly looks like she is wasting no time with her "rehab"!

Here is the repair to Charlie's humerus.

Attachment 109646

She has had two PT sessions and loves her therapist. He is a big hunter and had to shoot a big black bear harassing his elk camp this past weekend. He told her to throw away her sling and get at it. Says she will be shooting matches by early November.

She started using her rig and drawing, although it is only one hand.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is the repair to Charlie's humerus.

Attachment 109646

She has had two PT sessions and loves her therapist. He is a big hunter and had to shoot a big black bear harassing his elk camp this past weekend. He told her to throw away her sling and get at it. Says she will be shooting matches by early November.

She started using her rig and drawing, although it is only one hand.

Very glad to hear this. That was quite a repair! And if she’s already that mobile, it sounds like it went well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List