Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

My wife had another great match at Tuesday Night Steel, which was held today, because of the holiday.

On the last stage, I was first pistol out of the 114 pistol shooters. Here is one string of that stage, to give you a feel for the match.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Student
    What? Oh dammit, first Tuesday off since forever and I should have realized they were going to have it today.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would ditch the Magpul 140mm magazines and go OEM 17’s with Taran 140 extensions.
    Why? Not being a smartass. Honestly curious. My MagPul experience is limited (<1 year) but they've been 100% thus far.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Why? Not being a smartass. Honestly curious. My MagPul experience is limited (<1 year) but they've been 100% thus far.
    My experience with Magpul 140 and 170mm magazines, is they cause reliability problems in otherwise reliable Glock pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My experience with Magpul 140 and 170mm magazines, is they cause reliability problems in otherwise reliable Glock pistols.
    After another 6 months of messing with the 140mm mag, I’ve come to the same conclusion.

I have one 140mm, and all I use it for is a range barney.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    My MagPul experience is limited (<1 year) but they've been 100% thus far.
    Then I would continue on if I were you. How can you not believe your own experience?

Red dot vs iron sight gun

2nd USPSA CO match. This was my best stage, finishing 2nd overall. 25A, 5C

https://youtu.be/EtewBPoufkY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TCFD273; 01-05-2020 at 08:38 PM.

2nd part of classifier. Boss lady didn’t record the freestyle, reload strong hand only. I had actually been practicing transition to weak hand a few days before this match. Glad I did!

https://youtu.be/OJE9C2DbXCo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 53, it's been at least 8-10 years since I've been able to focus on a pistol's front sight. I've come up with my workarounds, involving mostly target-focused shooting with a narrow, fiber optic front sight. I also draw with target focus and depend on a good index to have the sights show up aligned on target.

To be completely honest I'm amazed that I made it to B class in Production in my first full season (2019), and during tonight's match my stage times were within 3 - 4 seconds of the CO guys who have better sights and two fewer reloads than I.

But I'm tired of the workarounds and I'm tired of dropping points on 15 - 30 yard shots because the top of the front sight is always a blur. Knowing this was coming, I bought a P-10F Optics Ready at the end of November. And last night I gave up and ordered an RMR from Euro Optic. I thought about an SRO but decided on the RMR because I can either sell it or just move it to my EDC P-01 after having it milled.

TBH I'm excited about not being constrained by the sights any more. I should have the RMR by Wednesday evening since Euro Optic is only one state away.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-05-2020 at 10:18 PM.

User Tag List