Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife rocked it at Tuesday Night Steel last night!
    Yes she did! Way to rage through those plateracks, and be ready to shoot as soon as her foot was across the fault line.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

My turn— excellent match at Tuesday Night Steel.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife’s match video from today. Somehow missed her classifier stage, which she did good on.

Between Tuesday Night Steel earlier this week, and the match today, I have shot the two best matches of my life.

Hammertime
    Between Tuesday Night Steel earlier this week, and the match today, I have shot the two best matches of my life.

Smokin.

My wife had a great match at Tuesday Night Steel today, and kicked my butt!

Red dot vs iron sight gun

I’ve been seriously shooting a slide mounted RDS for a little over a month. I have around 1500 rounds through the 34.5, and daily dry fire. After my practice session yesterday I decided to run the FAST test with my Gen 5 34 with SRO vs my carry 19.5 in a 34 length JM custom AIWB holster.

Full disclosure- the 34 is set up for USPSA CO, similar to GJM’s, and I had fired approx 400 rounds before the test in my competition rig. I fired 50 rounds through the 19 prior to running the test.

34.5 FAST:

4.69 clean
    4.62 clean
    4.48 clean
    4.21 dropped 2 shots (pushing hard for speed)
    4.43 clean

19.5 FAST:
    4.96 clean
    4.92 clean
    4.93 dropped 1 head shot
    4.88 clean
    5.12 clean

Things I noticed:
    With the dot, the headshots on the first 2 runs could’ve been covered with a 0.50c piece, so I started pushing the head shots faster. The “feed back” from shooting a dot is more than worth the price of admission. My grip and trigger press have improved greatly from practicing with the dot. On something like running a plate rack @7yds, the dot is equal to irons, move past 10yds and the dot starts to shine. In USPSA competition, the dot for me, is WAAAY easier to transition and shoot targets more accurately while moving.

I’m sold on the dot, wish I would’ve made the jump earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TCFD273; 12-19-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I’ve been seriously shooting a slide mounted RDS for a little over a month. I have around 1500 rounds through the 34.5, and daily dry fire. After my practice session yesterday I decided to run the FAST test with my Gen 5 34 with SRO vs my carry 19.5 in a 34 length JM custom AIWB holster.

Full disclosure- the 34 is set up for USPSA CO, similar to GJM’s, and I had fired approx 400 rounds before the test in my competition rig. I fired 50 rounds through the 19 prior to running the test.

34.5 FAST:

4.69 clean
    4.62 clean
    4.48 clean
    4.21 dropped 2 shots (pushing hard for speed)
    4.43 clean

19.5 FAST:
    4.96 clean
    4.92 clean
    4.93 dropped 1 head shot
    4.88 clean
    5.12 clean

Things I noticed:
    With the dot, the headshots on the first 2 runs could’ve been covered with a 0.50c piece, so I started pushing the head shots faster. The “feed back” from shooting a dot is more than worth the price of admission. My grip and trigger press have improved greatly from practicing with the dot. On something like running a plate rack @7yds, the dot is equal to irons, move past 10yds and the dot starts to shine. In USPSA competition, the dot for me, is WAAAY easier to transition and shoot targets more accurately while moving.

I’m sold on the dot, wish I would’ve made the jump earlier.

I would ditch the Magpul 140mm magazines and go OEM 17’s with Taran 140 extensions.

Here is my wife’s match video from today, I think her movement is terrific.

Here is just my last stage at that match, since you would rather watch her than me!

I would ditch the Magpul 140mm magazines and go OEM 17’s with Taran 140 extensions.
    Ordered TTI extensions yesterday.

The OEM mags reload easier for me as well.

User Tag List