Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    My dot basically cowitnesses when I choose to sight with said irons. But if I'm just using the dot alone and not worrying about the irons I tend to center it in the window. Even when I present/draw that's how I wind up.

This works great for me and it parallels how my rifles are set up (lower 1/3).

Do most people shoot them with an absolute cowitnessas they're shooting?
    To have the same POI, both dot and front iron sight must cowitness, but you see this only when you are looking through the iron sights. If you are not alingning your eye to the iron sights but the gun is still aimed precisely you'll just see the dot on the target and the irons somewhere else.

IME most people find it more comfortable to lift their eye line a little bit and get the iron picture in a sort of lower 1/3.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has shot a Glock as primary for over twenty years, and I don’t see her switching in the next twenty!
    If only we all shared her lack of distraction...

My wife and I both had a good match today. She was third pistol and I was second pistol. Her movement and shooting is really improving.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I both had a good match today. She was third pistol and I was second pistol. Her movement and shooting is really improving.

Good shooting, both of you!!

Is your wife still using the Holosun?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Good shooting, both of you!!

Is your wife still using the Holosun?
    She uses the Holosun for practice but the DP Pro for matches as she prefers the larger display on the Pro.

At Tuesday Night Steel last week, I saw a CO shooter I know, and he had a Holosun on his 320. When I asked what was up with that, he said that he and his wife had both broken a DP Pro on their CO pistols two weeks before on stages at Berry’s Steel, and all three of his Pros were now broken. I explained to him how we “preflight” our optics now, looking to make sure the “+” is still centered.

My wife’s movement (and shooting) continues to improve!

My wife had a great match today!

She had another excellent match — her hard work is paying off.

Man, she is really tearing it up. The confidence is obvious, with that speed modulation and looking like she's run each stage 100 times before.

Great stuff. Congrats Charlie.

She was knocking at the door, but made A class in CO division of Steel Challenge this morning.

User Tag List