Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

That’s less than half what L&M quoted me.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    That’s less than half what L&M quoted me.
    http://primarymachine.com/hk-vp9-vp9sk-optic-milling/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I haven’t bought a VP9 yet but I’m leaning hard that direction. But I’m also thinking really hard about trying a dot this next year. Glocks would be the easy choice but I’m tired of fighting them. And I’m a little bit of an HK fanboy.

We got to shoot “Tuesday Night Steel” at Rio Salado yesterday. Awesome experience, first time we have done this, very time efficient, and with 191 shooters almost like a major match level of competition.

Charlie did great, especially for a first time showing, finishing 47 out of 191 and second woman. Here is her match video.

Here is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife had another great match today. She was ninth overall, one place behind a Production GM, and but for running by one target and getting 40 penalty points would have been seventh overall.

I recognize that range! And RO! Didn't realize you guys shot up here!
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

Site Supporter
    Who is setting the odds on when Charlie beats George in a match?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Who is setting the odds on when Charlie beats George in a match?
    It is a question of when not if, and from my perspective, it is a win either way! Last night she told me she is trying to beat me, and I pretended to not be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I haven’t bought a VP9 yet but I’m leaning hard that direction. But I’m also thinking really hard about trying a dot this next year. Glocks would be the easy choice but I’m tired of fighting them. And I’m a little bit of an HK fanboy.
    Isn't an optic-ready VP9 supposed to be announced at Shot next year? Wonder when they'll actually ship for retail, but that may be an option depending on timing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Isn't an optic-ready VP9 supposed to be announced at Shot next year? Wonder when they'll actually ship for retail, but that may be an option depending on timing.
    I don't know about the VP9. What is Charlie shooting? Whatever it is, looks like it is working well.

Walther has had its Q5 Match out for a long time with great reviews. I put an optic on mine for my wife, but she likes the 4" barrel better so I milled up a 4" for her.

You can always have you favorite pistol direct milled for under $200. That would be my choice.

Red dot vs iron sight gun

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is a question of when not if, and from my perspective, it is a win either way! Last night she told me she is trying to beat me, and I pretended to not be worried.
    There is nothing better than a spouse who’s into shooting as well.

My wife had never fired a gun before we met. 2 months into dating I purchased her a Glock 19.

15yrs later, she’s hunted with me on 3 continents, and recently finished 4th out of 67 (she was 1 of 3 women) at a Columbaire shoot. She greatly prefers shotgunning, but a day shooting with her can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TCFD273; 12-19-2018 at 01:49 PM.

User Tag List