Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot vs iron sight gun

Her transitions to steel/steel shooting are almost like magic! The hard work shows...
    I ran a drill today twice: once with Aimpoint ACRO on a Gen519MOS, and once with an older carry gun, a Gen4 19 w/Warren-Sevigny sights. The MOS slightly faster.
    Sample of one, no high round count,etc., etc., but I’m convinced the dots are an advantage if everything is working, AND one has put the work in...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We shot our first USPSA match since March 8th today. Been working core fundamentals since then. My wife had an awesome match, and all her hard work shows. I had three double feeds with the Shadow 2, which I believe was related to piss poor PM by me — it is not a Glock!

Charlie is burning it down!

My wife had an awesome match today!

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife’s match video from today:

Great shooting, and a beautiful range! I miss red dirt.

Hammertime
    My wife’s match video from today:

Hot enough for ya?

Site Supporter
    What is the group consensus on when to add a red dot for a new shooter? I'm very new, and curious about red dots, but I'm guessing there are certain proficiency points I should get on iron soghts before adding a red dot to the mix. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    What is the group consensus on when to add a red dot for a new shooter? I'm very new, and curious about red dots, but I'm guessing there are certain proficiency points I should get on iron soghts before adding a red dot to the mix. Any ideas?
    What are your shooting goals?

Site Supporter
    What are your shooting goals?
    Hah, great question that I don't have an answer for right now. I'd like to be able to fire accurately and rapidly at close distances and accurately at longer distances, but that's not especially clear. My main goal for a handgun is home and personal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    If someone is dedicated and is planning to make this a long-term journey, I think I'd suggest starting with a dot these days.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List