Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk Jug J-frame holster

Milk Jug J-frame holster

I've seen some obscure reference to @GJM having such a thing and maybe I found a pic (but cannot find it now). I was intrigued by the idea and made such a thing while waiting for my DSG and Mika holsters to come in. After receiving both of them, it turns out I like the Milk Jug holster better than both. Here are some pics of what I'm using. The black tape is Gorilla Duct-ish tape. I like it because it adds minimal bulk (compared to the Mika especially) and covers the trigger. The tape also has the added effect of grabbing the inside of the pocket and retaining the holster on the draw.

Thoughts? Good idea or bad idea? Improvements?

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I think it would work better if the plastic extended down from the trigger guard to the end of the barrel to make it more stable in the pocket.
    Otherwise looks good.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 11-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Site Supporter

Milk Jug J-frame holster

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I think it would work better if the plastic extended down from the trigger guard to the end of the barrel to make it more stable in the pocket.
    Otherwise looks good.
    This. Shape the bottom of the holster to conform to the bottom of your pocket. Then staple the sides together and cover the staples and edges with tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 11-26-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I like them. No commercial pocket holster works better for me. Because the material is basically free, it’s a simple matter to get them just the way you want them.

Name:  81747445-0ABE-40AF-AE88-9735B0E603A5.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  998937E6-B8FB-44D1-8280-88FA19B00633.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  73.6 KB

Name:  7E3DD82D-223E-4D90-91E8-DF44E3BA9136.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  51.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This. Shape the bottom of the holster to conform to the bottom of your pocket. Then staple the sides together and cover the staples and edges with tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also this ^^^^ - but I would like to add that the staples you use MUST be heavy duty. Ask me how I know.

I just hope you guys are being mindful of the expiration dates.

(For the record, I think they're very cool. I've been impressed by them since I first saw one here made by @SteveB)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I am considering making one of these for my P365 to use in my Hill People kit bag. How is retention, would it slide out while in the kit bag? Have you ever used heat and try to mold them in any way? How about using a thicker material like from a laundry detergent jug? I have thought about using my Food Saver as a vacuum mold and maybe heating the plastic in boiling water.? Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Diggin this thread. Also wonder if RIT dye would dye so you could get a solid color. Adhesive vs. Duct tape. I also wonder if it would mold well to a liittle heat. I think I am gonna try this. Very cool idea OP.

Site Supporter
    I think there is a point where you have to look at return on investment. Once to a point you lose the simplicity of the design and it may be easier to order kydex.

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    I am considering making one of these for my P365 to use in my Hill People kit bag. How is retention, would it slide out while in the kit bag? Have you ever used heat and try to mold them in any way? How about using a thicker material like from a laundry detergent jug? I have thought about using my Food Saver as a vacuum mold and maybe heating the plastic in boiling water.? Thanks and sorry for so many questions.
    I have used a vacuum sealer effectively to mold kydex "stuff". One caveat, in order to get really crisp lines/detail I've found a little manual help while under vacuum works wonders. Bonus to using vacuum sealer is just sealing the end of your bag and it'll stay tight until your material cools.

User Tag List