Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: HK P2000SK night sights

RFI: HK P2000SK night sights

I'm on the hunt for night sights for my P2000SK. I like the way it hits with the factory sights. Bullet impact is top of the front sight. I'm not a fan of drive the dot sights. The factory front and rear sights both measure 0.156" high. So I am looking for a night sight set where the front and rear sights are the same height. But I am coming up empty. Any advice on night sights for the P2KSK that hit at top of front sight is appreciated.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I'm a big fan of the P2000 series, and have carried a LEM full size quite a bit. One of the downsides to the P2000 lineup is the lack of sights, as you're probably aware. Here's the all P2000 night sights I'm aware of:

Trijicon Bright & Tough 3 dots.

Trijicon HD

Meprolight 3 dots. I understand these are the "factory" night sights. HK Pro will be happy to sell you some. HK Customer Service might be a good option too. They often sell parts at a cheaper price than their internet competitors.

XS Big Dots. (Probably not what you're looking for).

When it comes to POI and POA, it's a bit of crap shoot. That's the main reason my P2000 still wears factory steel sights. If you find something good, please let us know.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mark D; 11-26-2018 at 01:15 AM.

If you have the factory Meprolights, which are drive the dot, there is a mep front sight that’s lower.

I got mine for $14 from brownells (on sale). I can confirm the blade height is 0.140”

Not sure how far it drives up the poi though as I haven’t got around to installing yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I get my PC back up and running I'll check POI with various loads and distances. I use Trijicon Bright and Tough on all my possible carry guns.
    Taking a break from social media.

Trijicon HD Orange on P2000SK work well for me. Impact is at top of sights at 25 yds with 115/124 gr.

I like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    If you have the factory Meprolights, which are drive the dot, there is a mep front sight that’s lower.

I got mine for $14 from brownells (on sale). I can confirm the blade height is 0.140”

Not sure how far it drives up the poi though as I haven’t got around to installing yet.
    Also OEM VP9 / P30 front sight will fit. I installed a luminescent 6.1mm OEM front sight on my P2Ksk to raise the POI. There is a 5.9mm sight available as well. I prefer a plain black rear so I just sharpied out the dots.
    Last edited by J0hnny; 11-26-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Also OEM VP9 / P30 front sight will fit. I installed a luminescent 6.1mm OEM front sight on my P2Ksk to raise the POI. There is a 5.9mm sight available as well. I prefer a plain black rear so I just sharpied out the dots.
    If this is true, than here is another option:

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...-sights-for-hk
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Trijicon HD Orange on P2000SK work well for me. Impact is at top of sights at 25 yds with 115/124 gr.
    I have these on 2x P2000SKs with same results. Very satisfied.

-Rainman

I don't think you're calling me out (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    If this is true, than here is another option:

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...-sights-for-hk
    Name:  IMG_2564.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  32.8 KB

FYI OEM P2K / sk front sight is 6.3mm

Thanks everyone. Good to know that a VP9/P30 front sight will work.

My P2000SK has factory non-illuminated sights. Just white dots.

Is there anywhere I can find the dimensions of Meprolight sights?
    Last edited by Irelander; 11-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List