Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VP9/P30 Factory 20 Round Magazines

I've got my three and I should be able to give mine a try this weekend in my VP9 and P30. They're a one-piece design and the spacer seems to lock into the floorplate. The spacer appears to be no wider than the OEM floorplate, so if a magwell is compatible with the OEM floorplates I would assume it will fit the magwell (I don't have one to check). I used my IOP credit to buy a few more just for grins.

I have maybe 150 rounds between two of them. Not a super high count, but they got rained on and dropped in the mud a bit. No feeding issues in either my VP9 or P30. Ammo was 147gr HST and 147gr Lawman.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    they got rained on and dropped in the mud a bit.
    That's putting it mildly!🙂

I made some 170mm mags for my P30LS. We'll see how they actually run this weekend at USPSA.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-04-2018 at 09:02 PM.

My three arrived and they look typical HK quality. My guess is they don’t fit a 140mm gauge.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Man, HK is never going to live down that ad, are they? Nice homage.

Shot enough rounds through an OEM 20 today to know they are typical HK quality. All 20 rounds easily load, and you can easily insert a full magazine with the slide forward. As is also typical of HK magazines, the body is longer for a given number of rounds, which is where they come down on the reliability/capacity equation. All serious HK timmies will want some of these.

Comparison picture of the HK 20 and a Glock 17+2.

Name:  423311DD-5C5D-4C1E-998B-E985DCAAE43A.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  35.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I can't seem to figure out if these are really competition only type magazine or if they are made to carry/duty applications? Anybody have info here to add?

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    I can't seem to figure out if these are really competition only type magazine or if they are made to carry/duty applications? Anybody have info here to add?
    They are fully steel. The mag sleeve does prevent overinsertion and leaves ~1mm of clearance between the feed lips and ejector.
    Use these for defensive use with confidence as they are robust. I have one in my bedside P30. Duty use is outside of my lane.

What I wouldn't recommend is running these with the mag sleeve removed. An HK ejector, if broken, is not replaceable and means your frame is toast.
    The VP9/P30 series don't have any overinsertion prevention mechanism except the baseplate or sleeve.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    They are fully steel. The mag sleeve does prevent overinsertion and leaves ~1mm of clearance between the feed lips and ejector.
    Use these for defensive use with confidence as they are robust. I have one in my bedside P30. Duty use is outside of my lane.

What I wouldn't recommend is running these with the mag sleeve removed. An HK ejector, if broken, is not replaceable and means your frame is toast.
    The VP9/P30 series don't have any overinsertion prevention mechanism except the baseplate or sleeve.
    Actually, the ejector on a VP9 is replaceable. It’s not particularly easy but it is a separate piece. PN 50260464, it’s built into the “trigger housing” which is actually the stamped steel carrier for the sear pack.

You’re right about the P30, though.

The 20 round mags are completely reliable, however, they do not fit the USPSA 140 mm gauge.

For competition purposes, a 17 round magazine with the Taylor Freelance BORTAC base and spring holds 22 rounds and fits the gage. Allows for in-battery reloads, as well, though I tend to download by one for competition purposes except on the starting mag.

It is also completely reliable and I daily carry one loaded to 21 rounds as my ccw backup mag.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-05-2023 at 07:40 PM.

User Tag List