Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T Glock USW

B&T Glock USW

It looks like a Glock version of the USW concept is gonna ship any day now and I think they did a really good job with it. They fixed and improved on somethings from their own USW-320. The red dot is no longer reciprocating and it has a longer length of pull. They also added a swapable charging handle instead of just relying on the slide. It is a bit larger and likely a good deal heavier but I think the concept is moving in a good direction. It looks like it is still able to be holster carried but will make a better platform to shoot with the stock deployed than the previous versions. It looks to be a little worse to fire as an actual handgun but I always felt that the USW was always poor in that roll.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog...alled-usw-g17/

eForm1s are running two weeks. What do you guys think? You think this concept will slowly become more popular or is this just the next evolution of a pistol with a stock that people have been trying to make stick since before The First World War which will soon be forgotten. Is there room for these types in holsters or arms rooms? I think one will work it’s way into my gun safe just to expirement.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-24-2018 at 08:35 PM.

I like the concept, but for me the speed of inserting the weapon is key - I see one of these as being an on-demand accessory for a gun that is normally holstered, not something you’d leave rigged up all the time. Plus, to me it’s not of any use without a brace option - my current state is no-go for this with a stock.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I like the concept, but for me the speed of inserting the weapon is key - I see one of these as being an on-demand accessory for a gun that is normally holstered, not something you’d leave rigged up all the time. Plus, to me it’s not of any use without a brace option - my current state is no-go for this with a stock.
    I think that there are other and longer on the market products, to better address what you're looking for as far as rapidly added and with pistol brace options. I think B&T is working towards a wholly different sort of product.

Call Me Ski,

Thanks for posting that - it's interesting seeing how the concept continues to involve. Though, I wish they took more influence from the P320 iteration as to how they might integrate the features of the original version into the Glock iteration. We know they're not shy about making complete firearms, so it seemed odd that they split the difference quite as they did.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

For the suave and lethal Mechano hobbyist it's a dream come true. As serious hardware, why? Pay a little more, maybe, and get a subgun, or carbine, and keep your Glock for backup.

It's "cool", I guess, but I see no practical use for it. I'd personally never drop the coin on one.

The stated USW concept (not specific to any base gun) was to provide greater accuracy to uniformed police/security officers. For a multitude of reasons primarily relating to being away from cruisers, there are times and/or postings where cops are not able to access long guns and may need increased accuracy that most are capable of with a traditional pistol. The USW, worn holstered as a primary weapon, provides most of the accuracy of a PCC/sub-gun without the security or public perception issues those bring.
    Last edited by DpdG; 11-27-2018 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Word order matters
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    For the suave and lethal Mechano hobbyist it's a dream come true. As serious hardware, why? Pay a little more, maybe, and get a subgun, or carbine, and keep your Glock for backup.
    In addition to the reasons cited above by Dpdg, these are also intended people in places where obtaining an additional gun, especially a fighting long gun is difficult or impossible. Europe, Israel. Etc.

In the U.S. they require NFA registration and are generally a regulatory pain in the ass but in other places it is just another unregulated pistol accessory.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-27-2018 at 10:27 PM.

I think the idea of the USW is that is always in that configuration and can be carried as such in a holster much like a normal pistol. It is meant to be there quickly when you need it. If you are fumbling to retrieve a chassis from a bag or trunk you might as well be fumbling to retrieve a sub gun or rifle.

If the concept takes off I think it would be better served by going to a dedicated platform. This would allow them to make it more svelt rather than building the USW features around a an already existing pistol and build in a more vertical grip that is more natural to use with a stock that has a short LOP. Maybe use a dual feed mag that is easier to load and would increase capacity. Honestly if they just added the optics bridge to the P320 variant it would be really close.

My biggest Hang up on the Glock version is I feel that the grip angle on the Glock will force my wrist into a very unnatural angle in a squared off stance.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-27-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I think the idea of the USW is that is always in that configuration and can be carried as such in a holster much like a normal pistol. It is meant to be there quickly when you need it. If you are fumbling to retrieve a chassis from a bag or trunk you might as well be fumbling to retrieve a sub gun or rifle. (Snip)
    I’m looking to fill a very specific need (well, desire) - a non-firearm that I can leave in the truck to which, with a few minute’s notice, I can plug in my carry weapon and increase accuracy and stability. SBRs are not allowed here, and a rifle in the vehicle on a regular basis is not practical for me. If a pistol brace gets ripped off, no big deal.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m looking to fill a very specific need (well, desire) - a non-firearm that I can leave in the truck to which, with a few minute’s notice, I can plug in my carry weapon and increase accuracy and stability. SBRs are not allowed here, and a rifle in the vehicle on a regular basis is not practical for me. If a pistol brace gets ripped off, no big deal.
    I understand the sentiment of not wanting to leave a firearm in a vehicle. I try to avoid it whenever possible. There are things that might keep that from being practical in a lot of ways. The P320 version can be swapped in quickly with what is essentially a field strip. You could get it down to less than 30 seconds easily. It also keeps the sight system on the slide while there might be real concerns with RTZ with the Glock chassis that has a sight separate from the pistol.

Also if you can retreat to the vehicle in times of crisis it is likely best to comepletely remove yourself from the situation rather than return to it.

Edit #2: it just occurred to me that you will still be able to use the iron sights through the hole in the rear of the Glock USW chassis so you can fold the stock and still aim the firearm should the dot fail. Not ideal but better than nothing.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-28-2018 at 12:08 AM.

User Tag List